Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Gets me every time

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      ^Wow guys, I didn't know about this. I consider myself an Eagles fan, but never really got into their personal lives much. The recent documentary was quite an eye-opener, as was finding out Stevie Nicks aborted a child fathered by Don Henley! I had no idea.

As a father, I can't imagine going through something like Walsh. Just tragic.

Chris
      Wasn't that History of the Eagles documentary something? One of the best rock documentaries ever, in my opinion. Fascinating.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

I was reminded of another one today: Secret o' Life by James Taylor

- Ian

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
          Career Member
          • Jul 30, 2012

'The Living Years' by Mike & The Mechanics.

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

Depending on my mood, Home sweet home by Motley Crue or Sugar Magnolia by the Grateful Dead

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Wasn't that History of the Eagles documentary something? One of the best rock documentaries ever, in my opinion. Fascinating.
              Yeah, that's it. BIG eye-opener. I had honestly held a bit of a grudge against Henley and Frey for kicking Felder out of the band...but if you go by this...it's quite understandable.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• jimbutsu
                Memory *is* RAM!
                • Apr 11, 2002

I saw it the other way, with Henley and especially Frey being not at all sympathetic characters - even without all the Felder drama.
                "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

Yeah, that's it. BIG eye-opener. I had honestly held a bit of a grudge against Henley and Frey for kicking Felder out of the band...but if you go by this...it's quite understandable.

Chris
                  I know we're getting off topic here, but the firing of Felder still rubs me the wrong way, though, with the death of Frey, it's basically moot. Anyhow, Felder was asked to join the Eagles in 1974 and went through the trenches as a integral member. Up until their disbanding in 1980, the band shared profits equally as a part of Eagles Ltd. After they reformed in the mid 1990's, Henley and Frey decided to take control and treat Felder, Walsh and Schmit as employees, unbeknownst to those three. This didn't sit well with Felder and he fought for equality in the band. That action rubbed Frey and Henley the wrong way and they unceremoniously fired Felder in 2001. From my point of view, it didn't have to take that turn. You don't let such a talented person go like that. He's a tremendous guitar player and an overall terrific musician. On top of that, Felder had been through thick and thin with them. Then again, they pushed Randy Meisner out when he was nervous over whether he could hit the high notes in "Take It To The Limit" every night. Randy was a founding member of the Eagles and wrote that song. It was their first number one hit. So... Anyhow, I love the Eagles and all of the bands members. I just think that the situation is a shame.

- Ian

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Good points. I guess I should have been more clear. I still feel their handling of it was wrong, and it was still a shame to see him fired, but I was unaware of the personal friction between Frey and Felder. That's the part that is understandable. The Eagles was essentially Frey's band, so if you don't get along with him...

I honestly think Felder may be the best musician in any version of the band. I used to attribute a lot of the band's greatest riffs to Walsh, but a good chunk of it is Felder.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

Good points. I guess I should have been more clear. I still feel their handling of it was wrong, and it was still a shame to see him fired, but I was unaware of the personal friction between Frey and Felder. That's the part that is understandable. The Eagles was essentially Frey's band, so if you don't get along with him...

I honestly think Felder may be the best musician in any version of the band. I used to attribute a lot of the band's greatest riffs to Walsh, but a good chunk of it is Felder.

Chris
                      Yes, you get the impression that, even, Henley deferred to Frey, to some degree. Yeah, Felder is a very talented musician. They referred to him as Fingers Felder, back then.

Here is Fingers Felder with Joe and the rest of the gang in 1977:

- Ian

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

So basically it was over Frey and Henley wanting the lion's share of the profits after Hell ?

Hate to say this (set aside them being jerks for wanting that) - but they ARE the Eagles in most peoples eyes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Since my questions derailed this thread from it's intended purpose, I thought I'd try and get it back on track. I apologize for the detour.

One of my Mom's favorite songs was Vincent by Don McLean. Since I get my artistic abilities from her, I can't help but think of her when I hear this song, and I don't hear it too often. But when I do...WHAM.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

^ "Vincent" is a great song and he sang it so well. I wore out / lost and replaced a few copies of the "American Pie" album over these many years and that song is my favorite on the album.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Since my questions derailed this thread from it's intended purpose, I thought I'd try and get it back on track. I apologize for the detour.

One of my Mom's favorite songs was Vincent by Don McLean. Since I get my artistic abilities from her, I can't help but think of her when I hear this song, and I don't hear it too often. But when I do...WHAM.

Chris
                              God, that is a wonderful song. To describe it as heartfelt is an understatement.

- Ian

Comment

• warlock664
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 15, 2009

Kinda embarrassed to admit this, but seeing the David Cassidy thread directly below this one made me think of Echo Valley 2-6809, which still gets to me even now.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎