Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greensavage2000
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks I appreciate the kind thoughts truly.

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

Wow! Get well soon. Hit and Run!? What a coward the guy or girl is who did that! We all must always in this day and age live a little more vigilantly and always, when walking make sure you are against the traffic so you can see on coming traffic unless you are going towards a grade and can't see it, then walk with traffic but keep checking (being prepared to dive out of the way if it's even possible). Same advice I'd give to anyone. UPS teaches its drivers to drive defensively to help avoid collisions and they do. We should all take this advice when walking or running and convey to our loved ones when doing anything. Texting, drugs, health issues, or just plain meanness, don't put your fate in the hands of some strange driver. Bad enough we have to do this when driving but at least then you are somewhat protected by your own vehicle.... Sorry this happened to you. And I hope for a very speedy recovery.
      Last edited by hobub; Feb 25, '17, 7:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• greensavage2000
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm usually pretty vigilant but I didn't even realize it was there. When it hit me I wasn't even in the road. I was off to the side of the road. You can never be too careful that's for sure. My father was a big preacher of defense driving.

Comment

• greensavage2000
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2013

Here's McCoy after washing him with woolite in my homemade action figure washing machine which is a glass jar with a lid shook vigorously.

I used Dawn dishwashing soap on Scotty's shirt and let it sit for awhile. I use this method on my regular laundry to get stains out too. I've been amazed at how well it's done.

It looks like the stain has bleed thru wherever the soap was. I only put the soap where they stains are but it seems to have seeped thru out the bottom of the shirt. You can see where the sleeve must have touched the bottom of the shirt and looks like soap and some of the stain migrated to it also.

It's now in my "washing machine" soaking. After I take it out and dry it I'll post a pic. Hopefully there will be an improvement.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

well if it is not improved, they are pretty easily found on ebay or on here

Comment

• greensavage2000
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              well if it is not improved, they are pretty easily found on ebay or on here
              Yeah you're right but I would like I lost a battle if I have to do that. I dryed Scotty's shirt and it was a little better. I'm doing a repeat on Scotty's shirt. I'm hoping to have a cleaner one to show here later.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 9, 2013

Here's probably my last update on this. I was hoping to come up with a revolutionary method of cleaning this stain that when people would ask "How do you clean this kind of stain?" the answer would be check out what Dave did. Well that's probably not going to happen.

Oh well, I have seen some improvement for what it's worth. Here's what I did in the hopes that it will be of use to someone.

I washed it three times. Before every wash I pre-treated it with Dawn dishwashing detergent and let it sit overnight. Then I would wash it. The first time I washed it with woolite. A jar, some water, woolite and shake vigorously. Then let sit for at least eight hours. The next two times I used oxyclean to wash it in. I dried it between two napkins. I took another napkin, folded it and put inside the shirt where the stain was. Just in case the stain wanted to bleed thru to the front it would be a barrier against it.
                Here's the before

Here it is now

I think it may have lost some of the redness, just a little. Enough that I'm going to settle on this.
                Thanks to everyone that's taken the time to read this and especially the people that posted.

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

That's pretty impressive, man! I would have given up on trying to remove the black stain, but you did the impossible. I would consider the slight fading to be worth it since I think it displays a whole lot better now.

Now if somebody can come up with a way to remove that black stain without any fading, they'll deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. Well, maybe not quite that...but whatever the Mego collector equivalent is!

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks man. It does look good on the shelf.

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                      Thanks man. It does look good on the shelf.
                      And by the way, Photobucket can get bent!! They've left their filthy skid marks on practically every forum for all to see. The least they could have done was grandfather in all the people's images that were already out there.

--SKot
                      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• greensavage2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 9, 2013

I know. I need to find a new image share site and edit the new links in. I guess I need to start trying some. I use my phone most of the time and was trying Google photos but no matter what I set in the setting every photo I took was veiwable in the app. Maybe it wasn't veiwable for everyone but I wasn't sure. I didn't want to share every photo, ya know. Any recommendations for a free site would be appreciated.

Comment

• Moxen
                          Museum Patron
                          • Nov 6, 2016

I just upload my pictures to facebook and link them from there. It's easy and free!

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Taking the good advice of others, I end up landing on Imgur… infinitely better in all ways than shafty PB was/is.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎