Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with cleaning up McCoy and Scotty

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    well if it is not improved, they are pretty easily found on ebay or on here
    Yeah you're right but I would like I lost a battle if I have to do that. I dryed Scotty's shirt and it was a little better. I'm doing a repeat on Scotty's shirt. I'm hoping to have a cleaner one to show here later.

Images
    Here's probably my last update on this. I was hoping to come up with a revolutionary method of cleaning this stain that when people would ask "How do you clean this kind of stain?" the answer would be check out what Dave did. Well that's probably not going to happen.

Oh well, I have seen some improvement for what it's worth. Here's what I did in the hopes that it will be of use to someone.

I washed it three times. Before every wash I pre-treated it with Dawn dishwashing detergent and let it sit overnight. Then I would wash it. The first time I washed it with woolite. A jar, some water, woolite and shake vigorously. Then let sit for at least eight hours. The next two times I used oxyclean to wash it in. I dried it between two napkins. I took another napkin, folded it and put inside the shirt where the stain was. Just in case the stain wanted to bleed thru to the front it would be a barrier against it.
    Here's the before

Here it is now

I think it may have lost some of the redness, just a little. Enough that I'm going to settle on this.
    Thanks to everyone that's taken the time to read this and especially the people that posted.

Images
    That's pretty impressive, man! I would have given up on trying to remove the black stain, but you did the impossible. I would consider the slight fading to be worth it since I think it displays a whole lot better now.

Now if somebody can come up with a way to remove that black stain without any fading, they'll deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. Well, maybe not quite that...but whatever the Mego collector equivalent is!

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Images
    Thanks man. It does look good on the shelf.