Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with cleaning up McCoy and Scotty

On the subject of the figures: I had pretty good luck cleaning a Romulan's tunic (tricky one to clean at best!) using mild dish soap and warm water. Still, there was a little residue that just wouldn't budge. Anything left after a good but gentle hand cleaning like that is going to be very tricky to remove, if it's possible at all. Best of luck on your injury recovery, and on your cleaning project. It's always good to see previously well-played figures getting new life.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan

Wow, I don't know what to say other than I'm glad it wasn't worse. It sounds like you're a trooper and you're going to be OK. At our age we don't heal as fast as we used to, so it's encouraging that you are up and around already even if it hurts like heck.

Thanks for the well wishes guys it means a lot. I'm getting better but still have a lot of pain at times. It gets to you just being in pain this long but I definitely try to keep in mind that I very easily could have been killed or paralyzed or brain damaged. I'm very thankful that it wasn't worse.
    It's my birthday today and I wasn't really feeling it because I'm turning the big 5 oh and now I'm hobbling around with my walker as if I wasn't feeling old enough.
    I'm honestly not as bummed as that makes it sound. Overall I'm in good spirits it's just sometimes I think this really sucks.
    I'm honestly thinking about putting on some shorts and stepping outside. I haven't been outside since I got home Saturday.
    My big problem is getting my shoes on. I have one of those long shoe horns but my feet are still swollen. When I got out of the hospital my shoes barely fit.
    I'll probably take off my socks and wear my flip flops. Of course putting my socks back on is no easy task. I have a device that you put the sock on it has a strap to pull the sock on.
    I'm just trying to illustrate how so many little things have become obstacles to overcome. Whether it's getting my food from the kitchen to the table or getting in the shower. Funny story there. This morning in the shower I dropped the soap, bad enough without my reacher but it took this bizarre bounce. It flew out of the tub and slid across the floor all the way into the master bedroom. I just stood there for a second and was like OK shower over. I had to laugh.
    Sorry for rambling folks. Once again thanks for the feedback and well wishes.

Happy Birthday! Glad you are on the mend.

Wow, this thread is about so much more than cleaning up Trek figures! Sending positive thoughts and birthday wishes your way.

Thanks I appreciate the kind thoughts truly.