X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Columbo on Moonbase Alpha

I owe this incredibly strange bit of merchandise to my pal Corey, who recent acquired it. A Japanese publication which seems to combine Space:1999 stories with Columbo? I fail to see the connection but also am happy it exists.

More after the jump:

Neither of us can read what's going on inside and the book isn't littered with illustrations. I'm going to assume that at no time does Columbo solve a murder on Moonbase Alpha because that would be so wonderfully bat**** crazy.

Adding to the weirdness, actor Martin Landau is known for his spot on impression of Peter Falk, weird...For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

That's just plain INSANE

Wonder if he drives an old beat up Apollo 15 era moon buggy ?

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

I asked a woman who works for me who is Japanese. Her reply is below.

Hahaha! Nice!
      My family used to watch dubbed episodes of Columbo on TV in Japan. This TV show was a huge hit in Japan!

This book appears to be a mini-booklet that was attached to a bigger adolescent magazine called “Chuuni Jidai (8th grader magazine)” and this particular booklet was published on June 1st, 1977. The green title on the book cover says “Detective Columbo (dental cavity murder case)” and blue title says “Space 1999 (moon base mission)” and a pink box by blue title says “TV Preview Stories”. So I am assuming that it was a sneak preview book into the two TV series that was apparently big in Japan back in 1977.  Very random!
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

LMAO!!!!
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎