Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

I love the line, but the exclusives thing is frustrating. Compared to a year ago, I don't have many on preorder. I don't want the movie versions, and they aren't doing much with the Star Trek license. I'll pick some up here and there, but there's no reason to go all OCD on this line and many reasons not to.

Comment

• melstapler
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 2, 2014

The One:12 line is probably my favorite modern one at the moment, but it's frustrating how certain exclusive variants are common, while others are very difficult to find. During the limited window of time it was available on a retail level, I was fortunate enough to get the standard version of The Punisher and yet wasn't able to get the black & white variant or the deluxe version with trench coat. Also, I was able to get the SDCC Captain America, which seemed to sell faster than the other versions. Ironically, the more common basic version of The Punisher probably now sells for more than the SDCC Cap.

Comment

• melstapler
        Museum Super Collector
        • Aug 2, 2014

Originally posted by rykerw1701
        I love the line, but the exclusives thing is frustrating. Compared to a year ago, I don't have many on preorder. I don't want the movie versions, and they aren't doing much with the Star Trek license. I'll pick some up here and there, but there's no reason to go all OCD on this line and many reasons not to.
        You make a great point. The more I think about it, figures of Kirk, Spock and Bones from the films would translate very well in this format. The red uniforms worn by Kirk and the crew would look interesting.

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by melstapler
          You make a great point. The more I think about it, figures of Kirk, Spock and Bones from the films would translate very well in this format. The red uniforms worn by Kirk and the crew would look interesting.
          Yeah there hasn't been much done with that era of TOS. Playmates did some, but not much, and most of their stuff hasn't held the test of time. Qmx has shown prototypes of some 1:6 scale film era figures, but I fear they aren't getting much retail interest. I think Mezco has their hands full with other properties at the moment.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Have you Guys seen this Batman yet? WOW!!

sigpic

Comment

• melstapler
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 2, 2014

Originally posted by The Bat
              Have you Guys seen this Batman yet? WOW!!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/73492
              Very exciting! Can't wait to see this new Batman in person. In terms of movement, I could be wrong about the range of motion, but suspect Sovereign Knight Batman will have a costume which is more conducive to freedom of movement and closer to the material used on the The Batman vs. Superman version of Batman. Not sure about the knee pads, which may either be glued or sewn into the costume.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Just pre-ordered the Dawn of the Dead set.

Currently in my collection...

- Dark Knight Returns, Batman
                - Space Ghost
                - Frankenstein (B&W)
                - Star Trek, Mr. Spock
                - Star Trek, Mirror Mirror Spock

On pre-order....

Halloween, Michael Myers
                Clockwork Orange, Alex DeLarge
                Dawn of the Dead, Flyboy and Plaid Zombie set
                Popeye

Debating on pre-ordering Jason Voorhees, and Evil Dead 2 Ash. Not sure on Ash's likeness, and not sure I need another part 3 Jason, when I have NECA's and really like it.

Probably going to pick up the new black costume Spider-Man. From what I have seen, I really like it. I would pick up the classic Spider-Man, but the stupid sneaker feet they gave him ruin the figure for me.

What do you all have, and/or have on pre-order?

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

I really wanted to go all in on these, but all the exclusives killed it for me.

Also, classic Trek and Universal Monsters appear DOA, but they're up to what...15 Batman figures now? Enough Batman already.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    I really wanted to go all in on these, but all the exclusives killed it for me.

Also, classic Trek and Universal Monsters appear DOA, but they're up to what...15 Batman figures now? Enough Batman already.
                    Yeah, I am no completest, I just collect the ones I like, here and there. Really sucks Universal Monsters and Trek are dead. I don't do a vast majority of the Marvel and DC, because I don't like how Mezco jazz them up. I don't want tennis shoes on classic Spider-Man or a puffy sticker looking S on Superman's costume, or shoulder pads on Wolverine, etc. UGH. The movie/TV versions look nice, but I don't really collect movie/TV Marvel and DC unless they are old school Marvel and DC movies/TV.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
                      I got the Mezco Deadpool today and it blows away anything currently Deadpool in any scale..

Yes, it’s better than Sideshow’s comic book Deadpool...as that one looks too baggy and has an overload of accessories...

But my favorite one is Hot Toys’ Ryan Reynolds movie Deadpool...

sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

I was very excited about these when they first came out but their lack of interest in continuing Star Trek or Universal Monsters killed it for me. I also don't care for their real world versions of the super heroes.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                          GLOWS in the Dark!
                          • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                          I was very excited about these when they first came out but their lack of interest in continuing Star Trek or Universal Monsters killed it for me. I also don't care for their real world versions of the super heroes.
                          To be fair, it wasn't Mezco's lack of interest that killed UM and Trek, it was lack of sales. Where as most of their figures sell well, fast and/or out, and many are worth well over what they originally sold for, you can STILL get the Trek figures and Frankenstein for original retail or less. Heck, Think Geek had to clearance their exclusive Mirror Mirror Spocks out at $9.99 each to sell them out. It really stinks the fans didn't support these lines. I think if the people that passed on them saw the Frank and Spock in hand, they would have been REAL happy they ponied up. Those two are extremely impressive figures.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

A pre-owned classic Punisher recently sold on ebay for $860.00.

Quite a few classic Punishers have sold in the $750-$800 range.

The PX deluxe Punisher also sells for around $800 now.

Even the commonly available standard Punisher sells for between $300 and $400.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                              A pre-owned classic Punisher recently sold on ebay for $860.00.

Quite a few classic Punishers have sold in the $750-$800 range.

The PX deluxe Punisher also sells for around $800 now.

Even the commonly available standard Punisher sells for between $300 and $400.
                              That's just insane.

I may be in the minority, but the older I get, the less interest I have in collector driven lines. I prefer plain old toys over collectibles.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

^I know what you mean, I think that's why I like Imaginext and Reaction MOTU.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎