Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm watching color TV on a tube TV. When it's broken, I'll replace it.

But, if stepping up the ReMego game means consistent release schedules, better QC, and well-considered design decisions, then I agree.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 16, '17, 10:17 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PeterRR
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jun 2, 2008

The only FTC I collect is the 1966 Batman line. Some figures are ok and some are terrible. FTC has used there current type 2 body longer then mego their type 2 body back in the day . I would like a updated version on FTC bodies. If mego updated their bodies from type 1 to a type 2 then so can FTC. I'm really hoping Mezco does a 1966 Batman line with a Batmobile. I would drop FTC in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

I really like the Mezco figures, but there is no way I can afford to collect the at the price they sell for and as fast as they are announcing new figures. I think EMCE and Diamond have done a good job with the sets they put out, bridging the gap between old and new you get one retro Mego style figure, and the modern figures have been inching closer to the type of detail Mezco puts out in thee line. The one thing that I think holds the EMCE releases back from being even more popular is that the general consumer may have no idea that they can easily order a couple extra bodies and have 3 full figures. The slower release schedule for EMCE makes it easier for me to afford collecting than the Mezco 1/12 line, which looks great but is just not budget friendly right now.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PeterRR
          The only FTC I collect is the 1966 Batman line. Some figures are ok and some are terrible. FTC has used there current type 2 body longer then mego their type 2 body back in the day . I would like a updated version on FTC bodies. If mego updated their bodies from type 1 to a type 2 then so can FTC. I'm really hoping Mezco does a 1966 Batman line with a Batmobile. I would drop FTC in a heartbeat.
          FTC will never update their body.They have no reason to update it either.As long as people buy them,they assume your happy with it (and that is really the truth). Move on to S-types, which the way to go..

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

Teemu & PeterRR,

I got One:12 Deadpool today from EE. Bargain for $65 free Shipping! You are right he is best Deadpool figure currently available and my favorite so Far! Wade stands out among my other One:12 Marvel- 2 Caps, Miles Spidey, Punisher and 3 Daredevils! His cloth costume is so bright read and love the weapons! Hope regular Wolverine is next Marvel shipping!

Mezco One:12 Marvel and DC are shaping Up and Expanding! Modern Mego 45 years later!
            Last edited by ovenmitt; Sep 27, '17, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
              Teemu & PeterRR,

I got One:12 Deadpool today from EE. Bargain for $65 free Shipping! You are right he is best Deadpool figure currently available and my favorite so Far! Wade stands out among my other One:12 Marvel- 2 Caps, Miles Spidey, Punisher and 3 Daredevils! His cloth costume is so bright read and love the weapons! Hope regular Wolverine is next Marvel shipping!

Mezco One:12 Marvel and DC are shaping Up and Expanding! Modern Mego 45 years later!
              While Mezco's "interpretations" are sometimes questionable,they are kinda like the Charlee Flatt of today (but in 6 inch scale)

I have the Yellow Classic Wolverine,Classic Spider-Man,Classic Dr Strange ordered and hope to see a Classic Thor in the near future along with Falcon,Green Goblin,Dr Doom,Hawkeye etc

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

"While Mezco's "interpretations" are sometimes questionable,they are kinda like the Charlee Flatt of today (but in 6 inch scale)"

This is exactly why I don't have any of the Marvel or DC figures, other than DKR Batman. I really wish they would make their classic versions truly 100% classic, with zero updates. The movie versions are nice, but they haven't made any I have cared to pony up for yet.

I currently only have these four
                DKR Batman
                Space Ghost
                Mr. Spock
                Frankenstein

Only other figures that have been released so far that I would like to pick up are the Star Trek, Kirk and Sulu.

And I have these two on pre-order...
                Michael Myers
                Alex DeLarge

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

I was so excited when this line started but they lost me already with all the damn exclusives. I wanted that classic comic Red Skull but there's no way I'm paying almost $300 for a brand new 6" figure.

I'm going to keep up with Star Trek and Universal Monsters IF they make any more.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I am losing interest in Mezco One:12 too at $80 a figure (EE does not have a $15 off code now) the delays and more movie and TV DC and Marvel rather than comic book. FTC 12" DC Mego figures will most likely be $60-$70 each and I will buy them instead of Mezco DC. And I still buy all FTC 8" DC Megos, the Wonder Woman wave is nice! I am still awaiting fate of Mego Marvel figures. Until then there is Marvel Legends, Marvel Select and DST Marvel Gallery 9" PVC figures on based statues I received my 1st 5 of today. If Mezco announces One:12 STAR WARS license at Toy Fair in 2 weeks that might be a game changer. Until then there are several less expensive DC and Marvel figures options.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

Just bought the Mirror Mirror Spock for $9.99 at Think Geek!

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                        Just bought the Mirror Mirror Spock for $9.99 at Think Geek!
                        OMG that makes me nauseous. I think I paid $160 for one to an Ebay scalper when they first came out, not knowing I could buy it direct from Think Geek.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I regret paying like $75 each for my One:12 Spock and Kirk regular versions. 10 years earlier EMCE Mego 8" Star Trek were only $18 each and I got Aliens I never had. Is DST done with Mego Star Trek? Could FTC get the license? Or does McFarlane Star Trek license prevent that?

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

The One 12 Spock is incredible though. Well worth the $70 I paid and I have zero regrets. I wouldn't have bought Mirror Mirror Spock for original retail, just because I try to stay away from variants, especially at $70 a piece. Been thinking about picking up Sulu, looks like he can be had for about $50 or so now.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

Today Mezco revealed a surprise new One:12 Black Panther Movie figure for pre-order $80 in time for the film's release in 2 weeks. The figure is sharp with an unmasked head too with accurate likeness.

I guess this is the new trend for Mezco to make DC and Marvel movie and TV One:12 tie-ins before comic book versions. At 2017 SDCC only Marvel One:12 were Ragnarok movie Thor and Hulk and Spider-Man Man Homecoming movie figure. There were 3 DC comic book One:12 but a Justice League movie Aquaman too.

On Mezco' blog there is 2018 Toy Fair teaser of 6 shadowy One:12 figures. Spider-Man Homecoming homemade suit Spidey has been revealed and most are guessing the other 5 to be l-r Jason from Friday the 13th Part 3, Jim Lee Cyclops, Justice League movie Flash, a Batman maybe Keaton, and Netflix Punisher. More film DC and Marvel less comics.

A Mezco phone rep told me more One:12 will be announced at Toy Fair like new licenses. Star Wars? The Force is strong in this One:12!

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

There's no doubt One:12 will go down in history as one of the greatest toy lines ever with so many licenses being under one umbrella, and the exceptional quality, but the price point and all the exclusives make it a very difficult line to collect.
                                Another big issue I see is that except for some of the exclusives, the figures don't seem to be holding their value. All the Star Trek releases are selling for between $25-$50 on Ebay except for the original Spock. Frankenstein is all selling for $40-$50, including the exclusive.

I can't see collectors continuing to spend $80 on figures that lose half their value a few months after being released. Once collectors as a whole get wise to this they'll stop pre-ordering and buying stuff as it comes out, and the line will suffer a massive hit.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎