Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It's apples and oranges. Personally, I want 1/9 figures, not 1/12.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      It's apples and oranges. Personally, I want 1/9 figures, not 1/12.
      Yes!
      People keep drawing comparisons, but Mezco's One:12 line isn't remotely Mego-like. Non-removable costumes, sculpted rather than removable boots & gloves, and "interpreted" rather than faithful costumes. No thanks.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ovenmitt
        This quick Wolverine sellout (hour and a 1/2) should prove the Mezco One:12 Marvel figures are more popular than DST Retro Marvel sets. Same price $80.
        They are not MORE popular than DST retro...they blow away DST retro. In fact, in comparison,DST retro doesn't even really exist to people....8" scale Mego style are actually hated by alot of collector's. 1/9 is a niche line only and always will be and as time goes on, it will disappear completely as Mego-heads get older and die off.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

I have always liked Mego 8" cloth costumed action figures the best since 1972 when I was 2 (45th anniversary!) After Mego in 1999 DC Direct 6"-7" figures became my new favorite scale then 6" Marvel Legends and 7" Marvel Select. I was glad in 2013 that Hasbro finally introduced 6" Star Wars Black figures. 4" figures are of no interest to me any longer. I love 12" cloth costumed figures but not at $250 Sideshow and Hot Toys prices.

I have collected Mezco One:12 figures since the start DKR Batman! They are like half size Hot Toys less than a 3rd of the price with cloth costumes, alternate heads, interchangeable hands, character specific accessories and Stands with logo bases. Mezco introduced a new style action figure that has caught on. Having BOTH DC and Marvel Licenses is icing on the cake like Mego did.

I have collected all FTC DC original Megos, new DC, Batman 66 TV, Super Friends and Hanna Barbara. There have been QC issues, but overall FTC has released a new Mego DC Universe and other licenses.

DST Retro Marvel sets have had QC problems too and few sets a year. I want Punisher set but will wait on future sets announcements after 2nd Deadpool set which I will not buy.

Mezco fans spoke out today with Classic Wolverine being fastest One:12 sellout yet. One:12 are here to stay and I cannot wait to see what's next!

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

A lot of those One:12 exclusive sales (the great majority?) are to scalpers who will list them on eBay for hundreds of dollars even before it ships. That's exactly what happened with the Classic Punisher. And if I recall correctly, the production numbers on that Mezco site-exclusive Punisher was in the hundreds; Mezco knows what they're doing, creating a fervor for these figures by carefully limiting quantities on figures they know could sell more units. That way, when they introduce their next site exclusive, they create a run on it because people are scared of "missing out".
            Did they at least limit quantities available to individual buyers this time? Or could scalpers buy as many as they wanted until they sold thru?

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

Today Classic Wolverine exclusive was limit 6.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I don't begrudge anyone buying and enjoying these. Buy what you like, the market will decide.

I never thought, nor would have considered, that Mexco 1:12 competed in any way with ReMego--that's why I bucked the comparison and noted my personal collecting preference. A preference is not the same as a bias.

The only 1:12 I'd consider is Capt. Marvel, and I'd still rather spend $80 on ReMego. But I can understand why fans like the figures, the half-scale Hot Toys comparison is apt.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 13, '17, 6:54 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

Today Classic Wolverine exclusive was limit 6.
                  That's a start, but it's still too high. There's no reason anyone needs more than 2 IMO, one to open and one to keep MIB. I'm sure these will start popping up as pre-orders on eBay any day now at inflated prices.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

They're already listed; this ******r has already sold 3 with 1 left, at a little over double the retail. So his two will be free, and he'll pocket a bit as well.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

I got the Mezco Deadpool today and it blows away anything currently Deadpool in any scale..

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

Teemu,

My One:12 Deadpool ships from EE next week. I know he blows away the updated Deadpool in the DST Retro set which is only figure I liked in the set.

I also pre-ordered PX Deadpool from EE, pretty much every One:12 Marvel and DC!

Still want Mezco to get One:12 Star Wars!

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Teemu,

My One:12 Deadpool ships from EE next week. I know he blows away the updated Deadpool in the DST Retro set which is only figure I liked in the set.

I also pre-ordered PX Deadpool from EE, pretty much every One:12 Marvel and DC!

Still want Mezco to get One:12 Star Wars!
                          Even better than Sideshow's

Would love Starwars and GI Joe ARAH figures!

Comment

• PeterRR
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jun 2, 2008

I got my Mezco Deadpool today and it's a must have figure. Mezco clearly blows away FTC. Even though they are 1/12th scale they clearly are a bargain compared to FTC. If you preorder them from Entertainment Earth and use the coupon code you get them for $65 a piece. The FTC are around $30 a pop. Mezco gives you a well tailored uniform and well articulate body , a great head sclupt plus 2 or 3 head sclupts , extra hands, plenty of accessories and a base. With FTC you get a outdated body, most head sclupts are terrible a Baggy uniform. No extra head or anything else. So what's the better bargain?

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

[[/I]
                              Originally posted by PeterRR
                              I got my Mezco Deadpool today and it's a must have figure. Mezco clearly blows away FTC. Even though they are 1/12th scale they clearly are a bargain compared to FTC. If you preorder them from Entertainment Earth and use the coupon code you get them for $65 a piece. The FTC are around $30 a pop. Mezco gives you a well tailored uniform and well articulate body , a great head sclupt plus 2 or 3 head sclupts , extra hands, plenty of accessories and a base. With FTC you get a outdated body, most head sclupts are terrible a Baggy uniform. No extra head or anything else. So what's the better bargain?
                              As PNGwynne has pointed out, it's apples and oranges. The FTC figures are retro by design; the Mezco figures aren't remotely Mego-like. If you prefer Mezco, that's cool, but comparing the two lines makes zero sense.

Comment

• PeterRR
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by warlock664
                                [[/I]

As PNGwynne has pointed out, it's apples and oranges. The FTC figures are retro by design; the Mezco figures aren't remotely Mego-like. If you prefer Mezco, that's cool, but comparing the two lines makes zero sense.
                                I'm not comparing the two lines. But the point I'm making is most mego collector would he loved if FTC and emce would have stepped up their game. They could have made a better body a better fitting uniform and better head sclupts. And would have been nice if figures come with extra accessories. If they did that mezco would have never happened. Remember the timeless GiJoe didn't help gijoe it pretty much hurt that line. There are very talented customizes out there that made really great mego size figures. I own a dozen or so and I really wish FTC or Emce would have done. Don't get me wrong I love my Mego and have almost all of them but that was 40 years ago. I'm pretty sure you are not watching color TV on a tube TV but in ultra HD you see my point. Time to move on

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎