Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mezco One:12 Collective Complete Checklist

Teemu,

My One:12 Deadpool ships from EE next week. I know he blows away the updated Deadpool in the DST Retro set which is only figure I liked in the set.

I also pre-ordered PX Deadpool from EE, pretty much every One:12 Marvel and DC!

Still want Mezco to get One:12 Star Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by ovenmitt View Post
    Teemu,

My One:12 Deadpool ships from EE next week. I know he blows away the updated Deadpool in the DST Retro set which is only figure I liked in the set.

I also pre-ordered PX Deadpool from EE, pretty much every One:12 Marvel and DC!

Still want Mezco to get One:12 Star Wars!
    Even better than Sideshow's

Would love Starwars and GI Joe ARAH figures!

I got my Mezco Deadpool today and it's a must have figure. Mezco clearly blows away FTC. Even though they are 1/12th scale they clearly are a bargain compared to FTC. If you preorder them from Entertainment Earth and use the coupon code you get them for $65 a piece. The FTC are around $30 a pop. Mezco gives you a well tailored uniform and well articulate body , a great head sclupt plus 2 or 3 head sclupts , extra hands, plenty of accessories and a base. With FTC you get a outdated body, most head sclupts are terrible a Baggy uniform. No extra head or anything else. So what's the better bargain?

[[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterRR View Post
    I got my Mezco Deadpool today and it's a must have figure. Mezco clearly blows away FTC. Even though they are 1/12th scale they clearly are a bargain compared to FTC. If you preorder them from Entertainment Earth and use the coupon code you get them for $65 a piece. The FTC are around $30 a pop. Mezco gives you a well tailored uniform and well articulate body , a great head sclupt plus 2 or 3 head sclupts , extra hands, plenty of accessories and a base. With FTC you get a outdated body, most head sclupts are terrible a Baggy uniform. No extra head or anything else. So what's the better bargain?
    As PNGwynne has pointed out, it's apples and oranges. The FTC figures are retro by design; the Mezco figures aren't remotely Mego-like. If you prefer Mezco, that's cool, but comparing the two lines makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock664 View Post
    [[/I]

As PNGwynne has pointed out, it's apples and oranges. The FTC figures are retro by design; the Mezco figures aren't remotely Mego-like. If you prefer Mezco, that's cool, but comparing the two lines makes zero sense.
    I'm not comparing the two lines. But the point I'm making is most mego collector would he loved if FTC and emce would have stepped up their game. They could have made a better body a better fitting uniform and better head sclupts. And would have been nice if figures come with extra accessories. If they did that mezco would have never happened. Remember the timeless GiJoe didn't help gijoe it pretty much hurt that line. There are very talented customizes out there that made really great mego size figures. I own a dozen or so and I really wish FTC or Emce would have done. Don't get me wrong I love my Mego and have almost all of them but that was 40 years ago. I'm pretty sure you are not watching color TV on a tube TV but in ultra HD you see my point. Time to move on

Images
    I'm watching color TV on a tube TV. When it's broken, I'll replace it.

But, if stepping up the ReMego game means consistent release schedules, better QC, and well-considered design decisions, then I agree.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 16, '17 at 10:17 AM.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; Tin Man YBR box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 brown body; POTA knife; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

The only FTC I collect is the 1966 Batman line. Some figures are ok and some are terrible. FTC has used there current type 2 body longer then mego their type 2 body back in the day . I would like a updated version on FTC bodies. If mego updated their bodies from type 1 to a type 2 then so can FTC. I'm really hoping Mezco does a 1966 Batman line with a Batmobile. I would drop FTC in a heartbeat.

Images
    I really like the Mezco figures, but there is no way I can afford to collect the at the price they sell for and as fast as they are announcing new figures. I think EMCE and Diamond have done a good job with the sets they put out, bridging the gap between old and new you get one retro Mego style figure, and the modern figures have been inching closer to the type of detail Mezco puts out in thee line. The one thing that I think holds the EMCE releases back from being even more popular is that the general consumer may have no idea that they can easily order a couple extra bodies and have 3 full figures. The slower release schedule for EMCE makes it easier for me to afford collecting than the Mezco 1/12 line, which looks great but is just not budget friendly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRR View Post
    The only FTC I collect is the 1966 Batman line. Some figures are ok and some are terrible. FTC has used there current type 2 body longer then mego their type 2 body back in the day . I would like a updated version on FTC bodies. If mego updated their bodies from type 1 to a type 2 then so can FTC. I'm really hoping Mezco does a 1966 Batman line with a Batmobile. I would drop FTC in a heartbeat.
    FTC will never update their body.They have no reason to update it either.As long as people buy them,they assume your happy with it (and that is really the truth). Move on to S-types, which the way to go..