Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mezco One:12 Collective Complete Checklist

Images
    It's apples and oranges. Personally, I want 1/9 figures, not 1/12.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    It's apples and oranges. Personally, I want 1/9 figures, not 1/12.
    Yes!
    People keep drawing comparisons, but Mezco's One:12 line isn't remotely Mego-like. Non-removable costumes, sculpted rather than removable boots & gloves, and "interpreted" rather than faithful costumes. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ovenmitt View Post
    This quick Wolverine sellout (hour and a 1/2) should prove the Mezco One:12 Marvel figures are more popular than DST Retro Marvel sets. Same price $80.
    They are not MORE popular than DST retro...they blow away DST retro. In fact, in comparison,DST retro doesn't even really exist to people....8" scale Mego style are actually hated by alot of collector's. 1/9 is a niche line only and always will be and as time goes on, it will disappear completely as Mego-heads get older and die off.

I have always liked Mego 8" cloth costumed action figures the best since 1972 when I was 2 (45th anniversary!) After Mego in 1999 DC Direct 6"-7" figures became my new favorite scale then 6" Marvel Legends and 7" Marvel Select. I was glad in 2013 that Hasbro finally introduced 6" Star Wars Black figures. 4" figures are of no interest to me any longer. I love 12" cloth costumed figures but not at $250 Sideshow and Hot Toys prices.

I have collected Mezco One:12 figures since the start DKR Batman! They are like half size Hot Toys less than a 3rd of the price with cloth costumes, alternate heads, interchangeable hands, character specific accessories and Stands with logo bases. Mezco introduced a new style action figure that has caught on. Having BOTH DC and Marvel Licenses is icing on the cake like Mego did.

I have collected all FTC DC original Megos, new DC, Batman 66 TV, Super Friends and Hanna Barbara. There have been QC issues, but overall FTC has released a new Mego DC Universe and other licenses.

DST Retro Marvel sets have had QC problems too and few sets a year. I want Punisher set but will wait on future sets announcements after 2nd Deadpool set which I will not buy.

Mezco fans spoke out today with Classic Wolverine being fastest One:12 sellout yet. One:12 are here to stay and I cannot wait to see what's next!

A lot of those One:12 exclusive sales (the great majority?) are to scalpers who will list them on eBay for hundreds of dollars even before it ships. That's exactly what happened with the Classic Punisher. And if I recall correctly, the production numbers on that Mezco site-exclusive Punisher was in the hundreds; Mezco knows what they're doing, creating a fervor for these figures by carefully limiting quantities on figures they know could sell more units. That way, when they introduce their next site exclusive, they create a run on it because people are scared of "missing out".
    Did they at least limit quantities available to individual buyers this time? Or could scalpers buy as many as they wanted until they sold thru?

Today Classic Wolverine exclusive was limit 6.

Images
    I don't begrudge anyone buying and enjoying these. Buy what you like, the market will decide.

I never thought, nor would have considered, that Mexco 1:12 competed in any way with ReMego--that's why I bucked the comparison and noted my personal collecting preference. A preference is not the same as a bias.

The only 1:12 I'd consider is Capt. Marvel, and I'd still rather spend $80 on ReMego. But I can understand why fans like the figures, the half-scale Hot Toys comparison is apt.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 13, '17 at 6:54 PM.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by ovenmitt View Post
    Today Classic Wolverine exclusive was limit 6.
    That's a start, but it's still too high. There's no reason anyone needs more than 2 IMO, one to open and one to keep MIB. I'm sure these will start popping up as pre-orders on eBay any day now at inflated prices.

They're already listed; this ******r has already sold 3 with 1 left, at a little over double the retail. So his two will be free, and he'll pocket a bit as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mezco-Toys-O...edirect=mobile

I got the Mezco Deadpool today and it blows away anything currently Deadpool in any scale..