Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Trek V Revisited

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyweb007 View Post
    This movie could benefit from a directors edition like they did with the Star Trek The Motion Picture, re done effects and maybe restore some of what had to be cut out.
    I DO agree with this. I think it should be updated. Would be a measurably better film for the effects upgrade alone.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Careful opening that Pandora's box, because then you'd get a CGI "Rock-Man" sequence.

SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    ^^^ Yeah I have seen that. We can do without those effects.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Images
    My favorite fan theory on Trek V is that it's all a dream -- that Kirk nods off on the camping trip, dreams this insane adventure, and wakes up again around the fire with Spock and Bones at the end. There's so much weird and off in this movie (fan dancing, too many decks and they're numbered wrong, all the odd moments and gags) that I think a David Lynch-style re-edit could really turn it around and into something dense and strange and interesting . . . Trek's first really experimental story.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    My favorite fan theory on Trek V is that it's all a dream -- that Kirk nods off on the camping trip, dreams this insane adventure, and wakes up again around the fire with Spock and Bones at the end. There's so much weird and off in this movie (fan dancing, too many decks and they're numbered wrong, all the odd moments and gags) that I think a David Lynch-style re-edit could really turn it around and into something dense and strange and interesting . . . Trek's first really experimental story.
    The effects of way too much Saurian brandy, perhaps?
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

My favorite fan theory on Trek V is that it's all a dream ---
    ...or a nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    ...or a nightmare...

Ha! I so want to not hate that movie, but I just can't do it.

Images
    I think the all the elements are there for a good movie, but executed poorly in almost every case. The script needed one more pass, need the usual FX company, stage some scenes slightly better and you might have a good movie. The scenes with Sybock and Bones and then Kirk refusing to let Sybok take his pain away are actually pretty powerful and well done.

The irony of your theory is uncanny. The script may agree with you. "Life is but a dream."
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!