X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Photo Not Valid?

Hey, I've been trying for a week now to upload some pictures here to share. But the uploader keeps telling me they're not in a valid image format -- and that's even after I size them down with Photo-Paint and save them in a different format (say, a .png).

Any ideas on what I'm doing or need to do? I don't remember running into his before, but I did get a new (and improved) phone I took the pics on, a Motorola I got after Thanksgiving, if that could somehow be the source of the issues, although Facebook seems OK with the new phone's photos.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
    Last edited by knight errant00; Feb 6, '17, 1:50 PM.
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by knight errant00
    Hey, I've been trying for a week now to upload some pictures here to share. But the uploader keeps telling me they're not in a valid image format -- and that's even after I size them down with Photo-Paint and save them in a different format (say, a .png).

Any ideas on what I'm doing or need to do? I don't remember running into his before, but I did get a new (and improved) phone I too the pics on, a Motorola I got after Thanksgiving, if that could somehow be the source of the issues, although Facebook seems OK with the new phone's photos.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
    Running into the same issue here as well. Using the same computer, browser, format, etc. that I've been using all along.

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

Same problem here.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

Yep. I'm still getting the same message. Moderator?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Hey guys - I know you're frustrated. If there was a magic switch to flip it I'd have already done it in a heartbeat. Between the server migration and the firewall we have some bugs to work through. What has worked for me is trying different browsers as a work around. We'll keep plugging away on our end.

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

EMCE, no worries. I know this place is a labor of love. I genuinely figured I was doing something wrong, and outside of that, just I was putting out a heads-up to the Museum Team so you're aware and can look into it. I'm on the latest Chrome on a Windows 10 machine. Are you guys recommending Firefox or Explorer to get things to work? Or something else?

Thanks for lettin' us know!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I am no longer having any of the problems referenced, but I did experience some of them earlier. I jumped back and forth between Mozilla, Explorer, and Chrome until I was successful.

The reports are appreciated, I just didn't want you all to think that you're being ignored. The first week after the changeover the firewall drove me nuts, so I feel your pain.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

I still continue to have the same issue. Can't post pics.

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

Yeah, I've tried JPGs and PNGs in Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox from both a laptop and desktop with no more luck.

But I still love the MM

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

Any updates from the moderator?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

We knew going in that the photo function was at risk, but we didn't have a choice. It's looking like 100% functionality can't be restored, but we're still working on it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

And by "we're" I mean I am pestering the person who has the ability to actually do anything, and he's not having any luck with it.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

So what does that mean for those of us who can't post photos? I know you guys are trying your best but without the ability to easily post photos? What happens then?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I still can't stay logged in or post more extensively, do I need to change browsers?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎