Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Not Valid?

Images

Photo Not Valid?

Hey, I've been trying for a week now to upload some pictures here to share. But the uploader keeps telling me they're not in a valid image format -- and that's even after I size them down with Photo-Paint and save them in a different format (say, a .png).

Any ideas on what I'm doing or need to do? I don't remember running into his before, but I did get a new (and improved) phone I took the pics on, a Motorola I got after Thanksgiving, if that could somehow be the source of the issues, although Facebook seems OK with the new phone's photos.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
    Last edited by knight errant00; Feb 6, '17 at 1:50 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    Hey, I've been trying for a week now to upload some pictures here to share. But the uploader keeps telling me they're not in a valid image format -- and that's even after I size them down with Photo-Paint and save them in a different format (say, a .png).

Any ideas on what I'm doing or need to do? I don't remember running into his before, but I did get a new (and improved) phone I too the pics on, a Motorola I got after Thanksgiving, if that could somehow be the source of the issues, although Facebook seems OK with the new phone's photos.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
    Running into the same issue here as well. Using the same computer, browser, format, etc. that I've been using all along.

Images
    Same problem here.

Images
    Yep. I'm still getting the same message. Moderator?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys - I know you're frustrated. If there was a magic switch to flip it I'd have already done it in a heartbeat. Between the server migration and the firewall we have some bugs to work through. What has worked for me is trying different browsers as a work around. We'll keep plugging away on our end.

Images
    EMCE, no worries. I know this place is a labor of love. I genuinely figured I was doing something wrong, and outside of that, just I was putting out a heads-up to the Museum Team so you're aware and can look into it. I'm on the latest Chrome on a Windows 10 machine. Are you guys recommending Firefox or Explorer to get things to work? Or something else?

Thanks for lettin' us know!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I am no longer having any of the problems referenced, but I did experience some of them earlier. I jumped back and forth between Mozilla, Explorer, and Chrome until I was successful.

The reports are appreciated, I just didn't want you all to think that you're being ignored. The first week after the changeover the firewall drove me nuts, so I feel your pain.

Images
    I still continue to have the same issue. Can't post pics.

Images
    Yeah, I've tried JPGs and PNGs in Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox from both a laptop and desktop with no more luck.

But I still love the MM

Images
    Any updates from the moderator?