X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grüner Pfeil
    Teen Titan
    • Feb 21, 2016

Louis Marx Presidents of the USA

Two weeks ago I bought a complete set of all 37 presidents of the USA made by Marx plus a Hubert Humphrey figure and the reviewing stand.
    I think this was again a real bargain. The reviewing stand is still sealed in its original bag and the figures are except for Polk and Wilson in their bags, too.
    There are three different versions of bags: some have the president and his number on a little paper inside, some have the number of president printed in red on the bag and some are sealed with a red paper header. A few bags are opened but the figures are still mint. I'd really like to open everything carefully because I'd like to display them. But on the other side I'm afraid that this will decrease the value. I don't know how much these are worth because I couldn't even find a similar offer with an unopened reviewing stand. Does anyone of you know how much these might be worth in this condition? Would you open them?
    And does anyone know if the styrofoam reviewing stand gets damage from just being displayed maybe due to dust for example?

• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I've always loved these and nothing would stop me from opening them

I remember about 15-ish years ago an opened set with stand usually sold for like $75.00-ish

Also if you're really into these people have made customs of Ford, Carter and Reagan (not sure about any beyond Reagan)

Sometimes these turn up on ebay

Nice set

Just found this --- search Marx Presidents and add modern Prez's name
    Last edited by Mikey; Feb 5, '17, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

This is the first I've seen or heard of these; I think they're terrific. (My knowledge of Marx is limited mostly to the 12" stuff.)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Use to see these offered in Toy Shop back in the day.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
          Teen Titan
          • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by Mikey
          I've always loved these and nothing would stop me from opening them

I remember about 15-ish years ago an opened set with stand usually sold for like $75.00-ish

Also if you're really into these people have made customs of Ford, Carter and Reagan (not sure about any beyond Reagan)

Sometimes these turn up on ebay

Nice set

Just found this --- search Marx Presidents and add modern Prez's name
          Thank you. I've seen a Donald Trump recently but the others don't seem to be available at the moment.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I'd keep those sealed and just seek out a loose set for display. They aren't that hard to find loose, I see a couple of them most every weekend at the flea markets. I've also had some boxed sets over the years. They were ivory plastic unpainted.

Last edited by johnnystorm; Feb 5, '17, 7:43 PM.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
              Teen Titan
              • Feb 21, 2016

Originally posted by johnnystorm
              I'd keep those sealed and just seek out a loose set for display.
              Yeah, I would be tending to keep them sealed, too. You know, I'd really like to open them but something inside me says: "You can't open these bags that have been sealed for more than 53 years."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎