Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boxed figures, any chance the boxes will be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

unbelievable!
    I have zero interest in 90% of their releases but it baffles me how they can't seem to get out of their own way.

remember how amazing the first line of batman 66 stuff was???

Comment

• Gumby01
      • Dec 7, 2015

Originally posted by Spyweb007
      Anything is possible, but even then hand made samples are usually made and approved before actual production begins, I spent 9 months mounting artwork, cutting and gluing together comp samples by hand. If a mistake like that slipped past everyone involved then they need better standards. Hard to be sure what the real reason is looking in from the outside. Maybe they should hire us

Exactly. Where in the approval process did FTC say "this looks great!" ? Some one dropped the ball on this, or that approval step was skipped somewhere.

I would hire you guys (and gals) in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

With the crouched legs, just imagine them as 8 inch Comic Action Heroes! Problem solved.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

It's mind boggling that over 40 years ago Mego Corp had things like this done right, but today in a more advanced
          technology society the simplest projects like box measurements for an action figure are incorrectly done.

FTC put money into this and the factory folks in a foreign land incorrectly made them, now there stuck with them
          and have to compromise, so what the heck, will bend the knees, figure fits now, problem solved.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

interesting to read.i just bought a 12 box set ,and plan to order the other 6 and another display box ,hope its just a blooper and you can reprosition the
            figures ,we shall see..

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I tried repositioning the figures as explained in an earlier post.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

This is really too bad because the big display box looks nice but who want's squatted figures in boxes . I guess you could put these on 6" titan bodies or take out the lower legs
                but I will pass on this waste of money and keep my clamshells

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

To be entirely honest, there's a whole market out there making the actual Mego boxes with original artwork (on cardboard stock) and doing it faaar better than what you get here. The sad part is they can do it right with remarkably better quality for allot less money. It's amazing how uninformed this company can be at times. A well made Mego box is hardly a novelty. And to have a pseudo-imitation with the wrong artwork and poor construction is, to me, financial suicide.

Comment

• Heelz2315
                    • Apr 9, 2010

I may just replace all my FTC boxes with repos then...

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Wow, that is a ridiculous failure on FTC's part. I was actually going to get a Batgirl; years back when I got the original one, my parents ordered it from Ward's catalog, and it came not in the usual Mego box but a plain brown one. I was seriously considering getting this one out of pure nostalgia, finally having the regular Batgirl box. But if Supergirl won't fit right, Babs definitely won't with the little extra heels on the boots. This blunder is just unfathomable, even if the folks producing the boxes got the measurements mixed up. Even in that case, FTC had to approve some sort of sample along the way, unless they just skip that entire step for some inexplicable reason.

Comment

• Slarivier
                        • Sep 21, 2014

I feel badly for FTC at times. They have so many great ideas -- and this was definitely one of them -- but the execution so often gets mucked up. As frustrating as it is for us, it must be more so for them. I wish they could figure out a more effective method of quality control, but I guess traveling to China with that sort of frequency would be a pain.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I don't mean to slam FTC because they really have put so much fantastic product out there for us, but they could save a lot of complaints by simply coming here and discussing the product themselves.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 27, 2009

On the bright side... money not spent is money saved.

Comment

• rodkeith
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 16, 2008

^True. I would've bought all these figures again in boxes. Now I have several hundred dollars that I can put elsewhere. Preaching to the converted here, I would've liked to have given it to FTC for a seemingly slam-dunk helping of nostalgia. But I guess that's the difference an extra 3/4 inch of cardboard makes. :^\

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Slarivier
                                I feel badly for FTC at times. They have so many great ideas -- and this was definitely one of them -- but the execution so often gets mucked up. As frustrating as it is for us, it must be more so for them. I wish they could figure out a more effective method of quality control, but I guess traveling to China with that sort of frequency would be a pain.
                                Great post. It's so easy to criticize, but we only see the end product, and are not privy to how working with China tends to have ideas lost in translation. I'd bet money this was not what FTC intended.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎