Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boxed figures, any chance the boxes will be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

It looks to me that the figures were bent so you could clearly see them for the photos. If they're straight, some of the heads will have a shadowed look in the pics.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Compare them... something is definitely wrong.

Last edited by jayraytee; Feb 6, '17, 5:05 PM.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

The boxes are to short, you would not display a figure inside in that position if the boxes were the correct size
        the comparison pics prove this.

The FTC figures are displayed like that so you can see the full face. Hopefully this is corrected or a nice idea
        will be a wash and most people will buy the figure loose and get there own custom window boxes.

It looks like someone misread the box making instructions and made the boxes 8 inches length for an
        8 inch figure instead of 9 inches. JMO

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Here are two more comparrisons, one making the two boxes the same size and one where I tried to make the figures look the same size.

My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Sorry guys. The boxes are too small. Got RC Batman and Supergirl in today. No one was looking forward to these more than me. Really disappointing.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Dang that's lousy, I was thinking about grabbing Superman, Aquaman and Arrow myself depending,
              now I'll pass for sure, still can get them loose but it defeats the purpose since I wanted them boxed.

How were the bodies?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Not sure why this is so hard to get right, seems like everything there is just a bit off, but they just ship it anyway.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Batman's body was fine. Supergirl's was not. I already have all these figures in different packaging but I was really wanting to get them all boxed. I won't order any more of these. Hopefully down the road they will reissue these again in correct size boxes.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                    Batman's body was fine. Supergirl's was not. I already have all these figures in different packaging but I was really wanting to get them all boxed. I won't order any more of these. Hopefully down the road they will reissue these again in correct size boxes.
                    Wow. So sorry to hear that. Can you show us some pics of them standing straight in the box so we can see how off the windows are on these?

Comment

• Heelz2315
                      • Apr 9, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
                      Here are two more comparrisons, one making the two boxes the same size and one where I tried to make the figures look the same size.

This to me looks like there is room in the new box to straighten GA's legs. There is def room at the top...at least 1" or more But it looks like if you do the top of the figure's head may be cut off by the window. But it def looks like you could stand the figure up straight.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Where that pic compare confuses me is if you take the natural progression of his boots to the bottom of the new box, his feet would not touch the bottom in that shot. So is something impeding his feet from getting there like the insert being turned around in error or is the figure's head literally going to be obstructed from the top if he stands straight up? We definitely need some actually pics to determine what is happening here.

Comment

• Heelz2315
                          • Apr 9, 2010

Look at their recent pix of the Aquaman. Legs look alot straighter and still plenty of room.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Wow, these photos are truly baffling.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              Wow, these photos are truly baffling.
                              what's baffling to me is we already have a person that has them in hand and stated that they are too short and there are still people trying to make an excuse or explain away how they are ok.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                what's baffling to me is we already have a person that has them in hand and stated that they are too short and there are still people trying to make an excuse or explain away how they are ok.
                                I don't think anyone is making excuses for them. If their heads are cut off standing straight up, it's an epic fail. I just want to see a picture that is not doctored like all of the FTC photos. That's all. Not sure why this is a irrational request.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎