X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Up Close: Super Friends Wendy and Marvin

A nice January surprise is the arrival of several different Figures Toy Company’s product lines including the oft forgotten brother sister team of Wendy and Marvin, the teen sidekicks in the first season of the Super Friends

A nice January surprise is the arrival of several different Figures Toy Company’s product lines including the oft forgotten brother sister team of Wendy and Marvin, the teen sidekicks in the first season of the Super Friends. [ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”114″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”200″ thumbnail_height=”175″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”0″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show as slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder”…Read more →
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I'll say it again, I love love love these up close spots.
    On more than one occasion it was the deciding factor in purchasing a figure.
    I already have these two and they are a pretty sweet reminder of being a kid. Thanks!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great pics! Despite my loathing of Marvin, these are nice figures. It seems a bit odd for them to be on the 7" because I think of Marvin as a gangly teenager who is almost at full height. But I get why they did it.

Oh, and just to be overly nerdy and obsessive, I must point out that Marvin and Wendy weren't siblings. Marvin's last name was White, and he was the son of the ORIGINAL Diana Prince, who Wonder Woman bought her secret ID from WAY back in the Golden Age! Diana 1 went off to marry her husband named White, while Wonder Woman took her place as a nurse, and later military yeoman. The Whites later had Marvin.

Wendy Harris was the niece (or great niece) of detective Harvey Harris, who helped train Bruce Wayne before he became Batman, when he wore the costume of...Robin! All of this was established in the Super Friends comic by E. Nelson Bridwell, who was a comic nerd made good and professional, and who couldn't resist tying EVERYTHING into established Earth-One continuity.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎