Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiderrogue
    new mego-er
    • Feb 3, 2008

ummm..i dont know, does anyone? maybe just a random name? maybe i missed someting in the movie..lol...

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I never seen the movie yet ....

But I do know a giant monster attacks NYC

And he's always called (on the net) "The Cloverfield Monster"

Just wondering how he got that name --- and why the movie is called Cloverfield

Comment

• JPkempo
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by QDOGG
        Did you like "No Country for Old Men?" I haven't seen it yet. My friends who saw it said it was good except the end. Guess I will have to check it out! Thanks for your reply.
        Keep cool
        Wayne
        It was OK but the ending sucked. One part of the end should have been a suprise but, you could see comming from a mile away, it's been done before.

Comment

• lepage
          The Ape General
          • Aug 12, 2001

No country for old men

I think it was one of those deals where if the first one did well, they already have thier foot in the door for the sequal.

I enjoyed it tremendously and hope there is a part 2...........

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

No Country for OldMen was cool,.. until the last HalfHour or so,..Then it Blew Arse imo. They Had Something,.. then let it get away from them,.. or atleast it got away from me,.. the more I think about it & stew on the Movie... I just think "MEH". ... I Wasted 20bucks.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Vortigern99
              Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
              • Jul 2, 2006

Apparently the name "Cloverfield" comes from where the military discovered the video tape. That is all.

This is an awesome movie, BTW, and one I cannot wait to see again.

Comment

• spaceace35
                Career Member
                • Feb 1, 2008

Cloverfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The film is presented as being filmed by a digital hand-held camera obtained by the United States Department of Defense pertaining to Case Designate "Cloverfield" found in US-447, an area "formerly known as Central Park". The footage that comprises the rest of the film is shot under the context of a personal hand-held camera used by various characters throughout the film's events
                Rockin Rebels

Comment

• Flynne
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 22, 2003

They had originally intended for the film to be called "Greyshot", because the camera was supposed to be found under the Greyshot Bridge in Central Park. "Cloverfield" was the cover name for the film while in production (like "Blue Harvest" for RotJ), and named after one of the streets near Abram's Production Office in LA. But the name leaked out onto the Web and it stuck. The Producers were afraid to change the name and potentially lose the buzz created on the Web, so they left the name on the film. There is no "Cloverfield" in Central Park, though I guess it is entirely possible that there is a field with clover in it somewhere on site.

Incidentally, I loved the film - "Godzilla", but as seen from the perspective of the residents of Tokyo.
                  Last edited by Flynne; Apr 23, '08, 2:02 PM.
                  An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Having finally seen it (about an hour ago) I gotta say; it's pretty good. I find that a lot of people's complaints are unfounded. You DO get a few good looks at the monster, the characters act pretty realisticly, and there's really only one thing that isn't explained. Well; one and a half.

A lot of the stuff they did reminds me of scenes from the second and third of the new Gamera movies, which I also highly recommend; and I thought the end theme had more than a passing semblance to the "Godzilla march." Even the weird, skinny monster worked for me once I saw it in action. It kinda reminds me of a monster from one of them old Kirby monster comics.

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

just watched it and I gotta say I loved it
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Seeker
                        Neptunians RULE!
                        • Feb 20, 2008

I loved it too. You really need to see it on the big screen though for the best effect. Its great that you never really know what the thing is or where it came from.

My one and only problem with the movie. That is one hell of a camcorder battery. It ran all night even using extras like the light and night vision.

Come on Easy fix. Have the girl friend give the camera guy some sort of pack that had a few extra batteries in it.

Ive heard this one the web but missed in the movie. Did anybody see "Anything" at the end of the tape when they were back on the date on the ferris wheel..... In the ocean behind them?

I have to pick up the DVD. If anybody else has it already how are the extras?
                        Lo there do I see my Father.
                        Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                        Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                        Lo they do call me.
                        They bid me take my place among them.
                        In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>That is one hell of a camcorder battery.

HAW! I thought that too; but I figgered they got a few more at the electronics store. (When they got the extra cell phone batteries.) Although when you think about it; it really only ran for the length of the movie; a little under an hour and a half.

>Did anybody see "Anything" at the end of the tape when they were back on the date on the ferris wheel..... In the ocean behind them?

I didn't. I was told that the monster DID have something to do with the sunken oil tanker.

>If anybody else has it already how are the extras?

Meh. The interviews are interesting, but the alternate endings and deleted scenes don't tell you any more. Although in one of the alternate endings you see the camera being unburied by some guy in a gas mask, for like, three frames. Which doesn't ADD to anything, 'cos you know right from the beginning that the government recovered the tape. (It has a DoD security disclaimer on it.)

Don C.

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Seeker
                            I loved it too. You really need to see it on the big screen though for the best effect. Its great that you never really know what the thing is or where it came from.

My one and only problem with the movie. That is one hell of a camcorder battery. It ran all night even using extras like the light and night vision.

Come on Easy fix. Have the girl friend give the camera guy some sort of pack that had a few extra batteries in it.

Ive heard this one the web but missed in the movie. Did anybody see "Anything" at the end of the tape when they were back on the date on the ferris wheel..... In the ocean behind them?

I have to pick up the DVD. If anybody else has it already how are the extras?
                            lmao!! I kept saying the same thing to my wife I was like wow babe we need that camera,that darn battery doesn't die even after they use it as a flash light and night vision

Comment

• Seeker
                              Neptunians RULE!
                              • Feb 20, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                              >That is one hell of a camcorder battery.

HAW! I thought that too; but I figgered they got a few more at the electronics store. (When they got the extra cell phone batteries.) Although when you think about it; it really only ran for the length of the movie; a little under an hour and a half.

>Did anybody see "Anything" at the end of the tape when they were back on the date on the ferris wheel..... In the ocean behind them?

I didn't. I was told that the monster DID have something to do with the sunken oil tanker.

>If anybody else has it already how are the extras?

Meh. The interviews are interesting, but the alternate endings and deleted scenes don't tell you any more. Although in one of the alternate endings you see the camera being unburied by some guy in a gas mask, for like, three frames. Which doesn't ADD to anything, 'cos you know right from the beginning that the government recovered the tape. (It has a DoD security disclaimer on it.)

Don C.
                              Supposedly you can see something fall into the ocean in the background. A meteor maybe? I missed it in the theater.
                              Lo there do I see my Father.
                              Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                              Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                              Lo they do call me.
                              They bid me take my place among them.
                              In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• toys2cool
                                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                                • Nov 27, 2006

D'oh!! I returned the rental this morning and didn't see that

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎