• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Need Some Imput

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking/wondering that this year may be my last doing the "official" custom Meet exclusive and was wondering how you guys feel about it. I don't think it has quite the pull it did in years past. It seems more and more people do "exclusives" to compete with me. Plus FTC is making all kinds of figures now. Who knows what else they have up their sleeves.

Don't get me wrong, I love doing them. But it can get damn frustrating waiting on others for suits, boxes, stickers and what not and end up getting done the week before the show.

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting burnt out. After this years I would have done 7 characters in 5 years. I also think I'm running out of ideas. The only thing I've come up with for next year is maybe the Super Powers Captain Ray in Mego form.

This years is Electra Woman with a 2-pack of her and Dyna Girl for the auction (the first females we've done). I'm only doing 15 of EW. And these will be carded this time. But again, I have everything all figured out and am waiting on others already. I hope to have the prototype completed by the end of Feb.

Anyway, I just wanted your thoughts. I'm certainly not getting rich doing them but the fun is still there. I still have 4 Super-Soldiers left, lol.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

You have done a fantastic job. If you are burning out, I understand completely. If anything you might want to dial back your numbers so that you're not stuck with product. I still think your Snyderman is epic, it gets my vote for best ever and that's saying something when you consider some of the neat figures from over the years.

If you decide to pass the torch, keep it in house. Brian or I can take over whenever you decide to retire.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Hey Guys,

I've decided this will be my last year doing the exclusive. I still have great fun doing this and am excited about doing the first one in our new venue. But I think it's time. Thundarr is well on his way for this year.

Plus, maybe with me not doing an "official" one the museum can partner with FTC and make an exclusive we can sell here and at Mego Meet to help with cost. Maybe get something for the museum and make something unique about it for the meet exclusive. And I REALLY want to be involve if possible with it.

I won't say anything until the reveal for Thundarr in a month or two. I'm only doing 12.

Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there so we can discuss where the exclusive goes after 2018. Thank you all for your support during my time at the helm.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

I don't have any idea what I would do for next year, but I will at least be a bridge. I've had some success over the years and I am sure I can come up with something. I totally get your frustrations about relying on others. I am sick of dealing with Anthony Durso and/or Mike Rogers for artwork, but I'm just not god enough to do it myself. How about we do a two-pack with Thundarr and Ookla?

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Part of it besides the waiting on others is it cost so much up front to do these. And sometimes I just don't have it available. If I figured right Thundarr will cost over $600 for the 12 before I see anything back. And I'm not even paying Austin for heads and suits this time. The main things I'm paying for and will be waiting on is the sword and necklace (having them 3D printed) and the card backs from Mike. I know the 3D printing is a little much but I'm so picky about how they turn out and want them to look amazing.

I thought about a 2-pack for the auction exclusive with either Ookla or Ariel. Ookla I couldn't get past the head or his 4 fingers on each hand. Ariel might still be an option. Of course thinking about it now I suppose I could have his hands 3D printed and just swapped them on a Hulk style body. Hummm....

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
            Part of it besides the waiting on others is it cost so much up front to do these. And sometimes I just don't have it available. If I figured right Thundarr will cost over $600 for the 12 before I see anything back. And I'm not even paying Austin for heads and suits this time. The main things I'm paying for and will be waiting on is the sword and necklace (having them 3D printed) and the card backs from Mike. I know the 3D printing is a little much but I'm so picky about how they turn out and want them to look amazing.

I thought about a 2-pack for the auction exclusive with either Ookla or Ariel. Ookla I couldn't get past the head or his 4 fingers on each hand. Ariel might still be an option. Of course thinking about it now I suppose I could have his hands 3D printed and just swapped them on a Hulk style body. Hummm....
            I've got you covered on ookla. not sure on the hands either, but it shouldn't be that hard

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

If you can do Ookla and want to do a Thundarr/Ookla 2-pact for the custom auction I'm game (or are you talking 12 sets of 2-packs?)

Brian is going to send me a scan of the 3 3/4" prototype Thundarr card and I'm going to have Mike use it to make the card. I'm sure he can add another space for a 2-pack.

Ether way let me know if you need anything.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
                If you can do Ookla and want to do a Thundarr/Ookla 2-pact for the custom auction I'm game (or are you talking 12 sets of 2-packs?)

Brian is going to send me a scan of the 3 3/4" prototype Thundarr card and I'm going to have Mike use it to make the card. I'm sure he can add another space for a 2-pack.

Ether way let me know if you need anything.
                Let's do a single joint project for the auction. I don't think I can pull off 12 with everything else I need to do.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything. I assume he'll have a bow & arrow?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I pulled a successful Ookla cast this morning. I'll post a pic once I get it painted.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Awesome. I look forward to seeing it.

Please let me know the recipe for the figure so can include it on the back of the card (head, body, boots, accessory, etc)

I should get Thudarr's necklaces and Sun Swords tomorrow. I had them 3D printed.

The Thundarr for the 2-pack with Ookla will be different than the singles figures (gold wrist bands & belt instead of yellow and a blue blade sword instead of yellow).

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

So are we getting a look at Ookla or do I have ro wait until I'm in Columbus?

Thanks for the card art B.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎