X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael crawford
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 15, 2008

For the Trek fans - Qmx has their 1.6 McCoy shipping soon - review

The new McCoy from Qmx hit my doorstep this week, and should be shipping very soon to pre-orders. He has a wart or two, but overall is the nicest McCoy we've ever gotten in any scale.

In Depth Review and Photos of the Star Trek Dr. McCoy exclusive 1/6 scale action figure by Qmx - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Captain Toy

I didn't use this photo in the review, but I liked it...

• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Michael, are you sure the figure is shipping soon, or the pre-orders start soon?

I've been on their site from day one and you can't order it yet...unless they're sold out? But it doesn't say so...it just says coming soon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Geez oh Pete, that's gorgeous! Best Bones ever, hands down. That pic of the the Big 3 together at the bottom of your review has me SERIOUSLY think of selling some plasma or something and getting those, as my final word on Trek collecting.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• michael crawford
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 15, 2008

Pre-orders for the regular release started over a week ago - not sure what the hold up is on the exclusive pre-order going up. They should ship soon, because what you're seeing in my review is a production figure. Qmx had that super long delay with Malcolm Reynolds, and after that they swore they'd never put up pre-orders until the figure was practically ready to ship.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by michael crawford
          Pre-orders for the regular release started over a week ago - not sure what the hold up is on the exclusive pre-order going up. They should ship soon, because what you're seeing in my review is a production figure. Qmx had that super long delay with Malcolm Reynolds, and after that they swore they'd never put up pre-orders until the figure was practically ready to ship.
          Hmmm...that's strange. I just tried their site again and you can't pre-order either one. Maybe the regular is sold out and the exclusive hasn't started yet? I've sent them an email. I'm signed up for notifications from them but never heard anything about McCoy...your review came as a total surprise. Great pics BTW as always.

Comment

• michael crawford
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 15, 2008

I'm thinking that maybe they are giving the other retailers a head start. When I say you've been able to order the regular for the last couple weeks, I mean at spots like BBTS or Alter Ego, not the Qmx site.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I'm drooling over this its amazing in every way, these folks hit a homerun with all three, and I hope that down the road we get Scotty along with Klingon Kor and Romulan Commander.

Comment

• michael crawford
                Museum Super Collector
                • Dec 15, 2008

They've teased Khan...

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

McCoy looks terrific. I'm looking forward to adding him to the mix. They also teased WOK figures, which would be a must have for me. There's comparatively few figures from the movie era.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

How tall are these in inches?

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Barnabas Collins
                      How tall are these in inches?