X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Time After Time TV Series Re-Make

I LOVED the original movie(I own it)and I can't imagine them replacing Malcom McDowell...but I'm going to try and keep an open mind and give this show a chance.

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huziaaaEd1s

New Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN4C4Ar5BLo
    sigpic
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'll be watching that, for sure!!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Time after Time is one of my all time favorite movies. It will be nearly impossible (in my mind) to top that because the cast was absolutely stellar. I think the concept was good just for the movie. It's hard to play that out over a series before the novelty of it wears thin. Seeing their initial reactions to the future was great. I especially liked that scene at McDonalds. Classic!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

HUGE fan of the original. Malcolm McDowell, Mary Steenburgen AND David Warner as Jack the Ripper?? Shut the Front Door! It didn't get any better! This new version looks like it's got some of the same beats, but the vibe of innocence on the parts of H.G. and Amy feel----gone, even in the brief snippet from the commercial. I realize having the female lead still be a "damsel in distress" might seem a bit tired these days, but it worked within the context of the movie. Why should H.G. worry about this chick when she's toting a gun and seems quite capable of giving Dr. Stevenson (aka Jack the Ripper) a pretty thorough beat-down even whilst delivering clever, pop-culturey quips. I might check out the pilot, but I have a feeling a show life this would've worked better with a short episode run (like STRANGER THINGS eight) on NETFLIX or HULU...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I can see the allure of updating this, but I don't think the original can be topped. One of my favorite cinematic moments from youth.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

I like the original movie as well.

I'll probably check out the series.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
              Time after Time is one of my all time favorite movies. It will be nearly impossible (in my mind) to top that because the cast was absolutely stellar. I think the concept was good just for the movie. It's hard to play that out over a series before the novelty of it wears thin. Seeing their initial reactions to the future was great. I especially liked that scene at McDonalds. Classic!
              Totally agree with you on all points. The sustainability of on going series is questionable.

"Have you eaten? Yes, I had breakfast at a Scottish place." LOL
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

love the movie. show might have some interesting bits but the leads are all too pretty to take seriously

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎