Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Please, no! I only liked the updated costume in the 1st Deadpool set. I don't want Pirate Deadpool and whatever other 2 variants are in a 2nd set. I'm not that familiar with the character anyway. We need new core character sets before more variants.

*I would buy a Nightcrawler set with Kurt in his classic costume and his pirate costume as one of the alternate outfits.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

From what shows, it is indeed the Pirate Deadpool showing in the box. It's exact to the details of the outfit.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

DST just confirmed on Instagram that it is Pirate Deadpool. Ugh. I would have taken Spider-Man 2099 over this. Too few sets released to make room for variants.

Mezco is releasing One:12 variants especially for Marvel, but the One:12 are being sold individually and more are being made.

We already knew about DST Punisher. I was expecting better Toy Fair news at least another popular set.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Pirate Deadpool? Who makes these decisions? It's like Toybiz making that stupid fisher-man Spidey variant

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I wonder what the other Deadpool figures look like. Let's see some pictures!

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

They still haven't fixed the window boxes.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Awesome! I'll definitely getting that one.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

not bad,and like someone said,sales from this can confirm future releases,and realistically deadpool is a moneymaker I'm sure for DST/EMCE.

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

Amazing!!!!!

Comment

• jayraytee
                        Career Member
                        • May 27, 2011

Pure crap. If deadpool isn't bad enough... we get an even lamer version? Good lord, enough with the character rehashes... at this rate it I will be too old to care when they make Iron Man. I think I am officially out of collecting this stuff. FTC sucks and my last hope was the Marvel stuff, which is really what I prefer...but this is just not going well. the original cap, thor and daredevil were good.... then spidey was ok. Wolverine was terrible and putting out rehashes ... is just bad when again, everytime we buy one of these few and far between sets, we already get three of the same character. It means six spiderman, six captain america, six deadpool... before any iron man or any other character... doctor strange? A female?
                        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

Wolverine needs a variant with the painted head mask in yellow,( and no removable mask) but other than that I am pretty sure Diamond is going the cheaper route by
                          using the same sculpts with minor changes. I am tempted to get Deadpool because I didn't get the first one and I like black mask. I do think that they should do the
                          new figures before variants but it doesn't look to promising for Ironman, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Angel etc.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I'm going to be getting this new Deadpool set, along with all the rest they release. I just wish they would come out more often.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

I'll get the new Deadpool set for completions' sake, just 'cause I have all the other Marvel sets. I'm disappointed, though, that we're getting a character variant rather than a revisit to an older Mego character like Iron Man, Falcon or Hulk, or an all new character like Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, or a classic Marvel Villain like Doctor Doom, Magneto, or Kang. Also, time to start bringing some Marvel females to the fore here - Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, She-Hulk - all of 'em would make for great sets.
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

I have the first one and I'm happy with it, so I probably won't buy this new set unless it ends up on sale cheap somewhere.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎