Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

I thought a Spider-man 2099 set was next. I think not releasing what was announced a long time ago would be a mistake. Since he's on the box, he should be after the Punisher. I hope we aren't looking at the beginning of the end for this line.
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 17, '17 at 7:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Could be that they have to stay flexible based on how the last set sold and what they think the proposed next one would sell. I know I won't buy the spiderman 2099 one, I have a spiderman and that is the only spiderman set I will buy since these are $50-$80 a set and only a few come out a year. We are already getting three 'figures' of the same character every time we buy a set, I would rather see different characters represented than redundancy.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jayraytee View Post
    Could be that they have to stay flexible based on how the last set sold and what they think the proposed next one would sell. I know I won't buy the spiderman 2099 one, I have a spiderman and that is the only spiderman set I will buy since these are $50-$80 a set and only a few come out a year. We are already getting three 'figures' of the same character every time we buy a set, I would rather see different characters represented than redundancy.
    I agree. It seems like a good idea to follow that revenue stream which benefits them the best. Iron Man seems like a no-brainer. The retro version, Tony Stark, and a modern version with no nose. How about a Hulk set? Retro Hulk, Bruce Banner, Gray Hulk? For me I like getting the secret identity pieces. How about Nova? A retro style Nova in his origin outfit, Rich Rider, and modern version? I think people would flip for that. Can you imagine Captain Marvel? or Mar-vell... however you want to call him. There's been so many iconic characters done over and over as customs. It would be neat to see them become actual license figures.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Images
    A Captain Marvel with original outfit, his iconic outfit and Rick Jones would be awesome. The Nova sounds good too. How about a Falcon with his first costume, his mego look and instead of a secret ID I wouldn't mind his second costume, the red and white before he got his wings. I would hope there would be a Redwing in there too. An Iron Man, Hulk, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Vision,Ant- Man,Wonder Man, Invisible Girl, and Nighthawk are top choices for me.

Mezco seems to the have the right Marvel figures coming out like Dr. Strange, and Ironman, so why is Diamond not trying something similar ? This reminds me of
    the way the Diamond cancelled Star Trek remegos. If we are going to get anymore sets I would rather have a new figure like Black Panther than a second Spiderman

Images
    They could just keep following the Marvel film and television universe and be fine. Daredevil seemed a popular set. I'm sure Star Lord, Luke Cage, and Dr. Strange would all do well. I can understand the challenges of Iron Man (tooling) and Hulk (body)... but that still leaves a lot of options.

I wonder if their concern is that Mezco stole the market for these?

Punisher revealed...can't tell what the other one is

Quote Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
    Punisher revealed...can't tell what the other one is
    Picture link?

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    Picture link?
    on their instagram

Only the right side can be seen of the box to the left of the Punisher box. It is an all red costume with skirt and Black belt and cape. 1st Female? I have no idea who. Time to research my Marvel Universe Handbook.
    Last edited by ovenmitt; Feb 18, '17 at 6:05 PM.