Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

I've NEVER paid more than $50 (before shipping) on any one Marvel project by DST/EMCE.
    At $80 each I wouldn't have ever started collecting the line. The $50 price tag is more than fair even if I have shell out extra money to buy bodies.
    And while I like and support the FTC line, the Marvel stuff adds a little bit more fun because I get to build the figures.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by jacoblb
      I've NEVER paid more than $50 (before shipping) on any one Marvel project by DST/EMCE.
      At $80 each I wouldn't have ever started collecting the line. The $50 price tag is more than fair even if I have shell out extra money to buy bodies.
      And while I like and support the FTC line, the Marvel stuff adds a little bit more fun because I get to build the figures.
      You know that is a great observation... I never connected the dots like that before, but that *is* part of the fun!

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I never saw one of them up front until my wife got me the first three sets for Christmas and did at a great price. Having them in hand as presents allowed me to measure them on the product alone and (as jacoblb stated) I found the building process to be allot of fun. So being able to get a 'trial run' without expense proved to be the bait that got me in. The next was addressing the issue that bothered me from the start and that was the SRP. That's no longer a problem, because it's incredibly easy to find any of these sets in the price range I deem reasonable to get them. And those sets get to those prices quickly without much delay. So it seems like most preferences are obtainable and essentially everyone is winning with this line. Glad to hear the sales have been strong enough to sustain the series.

And because there are better price points in the market for these, I am finding more value in the Marvel sets than the FTC stuff these days. Diamond Select is not trying to hog tie the market and set the prices for personal gain. FTC have isolated themselves by pushing aside the vendors that supported their lines for years. It's their investment and their choice, but the optics on it look bad.

Comment

• garfoot
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 28, 2012

Can anyone help?

Will the bodies sold on Figures Toy Company website work for the Diamond Select Retro Marvel figures? I would like to have all three incarnations of each character displayed.

I have never bought a MEGO type body before so I thought I would ask the experts here.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Yes they would work. But many (myself included) prefer the Type S body or a Doc Mego body.

Comment

• garfoot
              Museum Patron
              • Aug 28, 2012

Thanks

Originally posted by sprytel
              Yes they would work. But many (myself included) prefer the Type S body or a Doc Mego body.
              Thank you.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

I want Iron Man,Dr Doom, and Dr Strange

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I'm really shocked they haven't done Iron Man yet.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

www.toyark.com has DST Toy Fair reveals listed and pics, but no Retro Marvel set. What does this mean?

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                      What does this mean?
                      endless circular speculation?
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

And at least 3 more new threads.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by warlock664
                          And at least 3 more new threads.
                          I'd go with 4-5 more threads from Mr. Mitt there
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            I'd go with 4-5 more threads from Mr. Mitt there
                            Nah! You'll fall short with that estimate. Expect many more threads started in question form... Its compulsive! Ah and of course on the Marvel retro campaign...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                              Nah! You'll fall short with that estimate. Expect many more threads started in question form... Its compulsive! Ah and of course on the Marvel retro campaign...
                              Brian should just make one of them a sticky.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• garfoot
                                Museum Patron
                                • Aug 28, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                                www.toyark.com has DST Toy Fair reveals listed and pics, but no Retro Marvel set. What does this mean?
                                For what it is worth, I asked on their Facebook page if there were any sets coming after the Punisher? They said yes, but they had not chosen the next character to be released yet. Was this misdirection, or is the next set to be released still a ways off?
                                They are usually pretty up front with answering questions so maybe it will be a while.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎