Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

I've wanted a Doctor Strange figure ever since I was nine years old! EMCE would do a great three-pack on him, I bet.

Images
    My most wanted are Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and some foes--Doom, Red Skull, Loki.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; Tin Man YBR box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 brown body; POTA knife; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    My most wanted are Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and some foes--Doom, Red Skull, Loki.
    I've been on the fence with these because of price, but a Dr. Strange would probably get me to take the plunge.

-M

Images
    ^I"ve been buying parts of sets and have been very, very pleased. Forum members are actively involved in the development of these sets.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; Tin Man YBR box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 brown body; POTA knife; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^I"ve been buying parts of sets and have been very, very pleased. Forum members are actively involved in the development of these sets.
    It's not about the quality, I've seen them and was impressed. And it's not so much about the cost per se, but the cost in the context of my budget and the opportunity cost above and beyond the price itself that it represents. I've considered the Cap set at ThinkGeek for $40, but at $80 the presents a significant amount of my budget so I have to decide if want that piece at that price and am willing not to get $80 of other stuff I am looking for as well. For a single piece at that price, it not only has to be a quality piece I am interested in, but something I want more than everything else I can get with what I sink into the purchase price.

I know what my budget is, I know I have to stick to it, and I know I have to make some tough decisions because of it. As much as I have liked what I saw of the Marvel sets, I haven't liked them enough to pull the trigger with all that it entails. A good Doc figure though, could get me to change my mind as Doc is my favorite Marvel character and the only one I truly collect stuff for. The price itself is within what I would expect for such a piece, but it is not within the range I can spend without serious consideration. Others have different spending parameters than I do, and I understand that. I could buy these but it means not getting other things I want more, so I don't. My love of Doc could tip the scales on that piece though.

-M

I've NEVER paid more than $50 (before shipping) on any one Marvel project by DST/EMCE.
    At $80 each I wouldn't have ever started collecting the line. The $50 price tag is more than fair even if I have shell out extra money to buy bodies.
    And while I like and support the FTC line, the Marvel stuff adds a little bit more fun because I get to build the figures.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jacoblb View Post
    I've NEVER paid more than $50 (before shipping) on any one Marvel project by DST/EMCE.
    At $80 each I wouldn't have ever started collecting the line. The $50 price tag is more than fair even if I have shell out extra money to buy bodies.
    And while I like and support the FTC line, the Marvel stuff adds a little bit more fun because I get to build the figures.
    You know that is a great observation... I never connected the dots like that before, but that *is* part of the fun!

Images
    I never saw one of them up front until my wife got me the first three sets for Christmas and did at a great price. Having them in hand as presents allowed me to measure them on the product alone and (as jacoblb stated) I found the building process to be allot of fun. So being able to get a 'trial run' without expense proved to be the bait that got me in. The next was addressing the issue that bothered me from the start and that was the SRP. That's no longer a problem, because it's incredibly easy to find any of these sets in the price range I deem reasonable to get them. And those sets get to those prices quickly without much delay. So it seems like most preferences are obtainable and essentially everyone is winning with this line. Glad to hear the sales have been strong enough to sustain the series.

And because there are better price points in the market for these, I am finding more value in the Marvel sets than the FTC stuff these days. Diamond Select is not trying to hog tie the market and set the prices for personal gain. FTC have isolated themselves by pushing aside the vendors that supported their lines for years. It's their investment and their choice, but the optics on it look bad.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Can anyone help?

Will the bodies sold on Figures Toy Company website work for the Diamond Select Retro Marvel figures? I would like to have all three incarnations of each character displayed.

I have never bought a MEGO type body before so I thought I would ask the experts here.

Images
    Yes they would work. But many (myself included) prefer the Type S body or a Doc Mego body.