Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

I don't care for Deadpool in any form. I sure wish they would get back to classic 60s - 80s Marvel with these sets.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Wasn't Deadpool the best seller for DST?

What's the production costs with this set? Pirate clothes and new paint?

Looks like an FTC move: produce a cheap set to offset something more costly. That could be Hulk, Iron Man, or maybe an Ant-Man/Giant Man set.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap

Looks like an FTC move: produce a cheap set to offset something more costly. That could be Hulk, Iron Man, or maybe an Ant-Man/Giant Man set.
        Two of the heads are new sculpts.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

ToyArk has more pictures of the the new Deadpool and Punisher sets: http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/19/to...-marvel-243105
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

I'm diggin' that 70s Punisher!
            But another Deadpool set? *sigh*

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap

Looks like the boots and armor are new bits too, along with the already mentioned heads and the pirate gear. Not quite as lame as some of FTC's repackaging. It will sell for DST and probably keep the line afloat.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

I'd love to see a Wolverine variant set that had First Appearance Retro with sculpted yellow whisker mask, Weapon X, and Days of Future Past or Old Man Logan.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Looks like the boots and armor are new bits too, along with the already mentioned heads and the pirate gear. Not quite as lame as some of FTC's repackaging. It will sell for DST and probably keep the line afloat.
                  Agreed. Plus, the last Deadpool set sold well, so I suspect they are trying to cash in on a known commodity. Not sure there is enough there to tempt me to buy another... but as far as variants go, it seems like a nice one.

I still feel like a lot of the previous success was the timing with the Ryan Reynolds movie. Marvel put out 4 movies last year. It would be nice if DST could keep pace and capitalize on that.

And, btw, I am liking the Punisher figures more every time I see them. I really like that scoped rifle. I expected retread Deadpool accessories. So these may be slow, but they really do a nice job on what they release.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                    I still feel like a lot of the previous success was the timing with the Ryan Reynolds movie. Marvel put out 4 movies last year. It would be nice if DST could keep pace and capitalize on that.
                    Yep. They're not going to get a better shot at a Hulk tie-in than Ragnarok. They could even include the gladiator armor from Planet Hulk.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

The more I look at them, the more I want them. I see the Punisher box only has him shown on the side, and not the other figures in his 'assortment' like the earlier boxes did. I hope they still plan to release the Spidey 2099 set. I'd like to see the sides and backs of the boxes. I think it's strange that they didn't dress up two more bodies with the alternate Deadpool costumes. It'd be nice to see the pirate outfit on a figure with all the accessories.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

I understand the second Deadpool set and despite my lack of fondness for the character, the first set is one of the best in the lines. But the second set is just not for me. Neither is The Punisher, unless he gets cheap like the others. Then I may grab it for the classic version and sell off the rest.

Hope to see a couple of other sets in 2017. NEW character sets, but the third set being Spider-Man themed would not be a shocker, seeing as we have seen SM 2099 on the box already.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

Since Diamond seems to try to release about 4 sets a year and Marvel releases 3 or 4 movies a year, I wouldn't mind seeing them tie future release to the characters featured in each movie, probably the best way to maximize sales and keep the line going.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

I think the newer version Punisher heads look better in the package than the ones on the loose figures. It looks like the loose figures have resin heads, and the packaged heads look like they have 'softer' features. Not as square and angular.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                I think the newer version Punisher heads look better in the package than the ones on the loose figures. It looks like the loose figures have resin heads, and the packaged heads look like they have 'softer' features. Not as square and angular.

I think you're on to something there. The paint job on the loose ones look way more detailed than the usual from the factory ones.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎