Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

What can we expect in 2017 from Retro Marvel? Will Toy Fair have anything New? What's after Punisher?

Seeing the FTC 14 DC Megos in window boxes makes me dream the same could be done with all 12 original Marvel Megos.

We all do!
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

I'm afraid we're in for Spider-Man 2099 next and who knows what after that. I was thinking the same thing that it would be awesome if we could get the 12 original Mego Marvels in single window boxes from Diamond but I doubt it will happen. They tell us time and time again the format won't change for these due to licensing restrictions. I think the licensing restriction is that they have to charge 80.00 for the figures and the extra heads and clothes was added to make us feel like we are getting more for our money. I know I am in the minority here but I would pay 80.00 for straight boxed reissues of the original Megos and single boxed new characters as long as they are classic 60s - 80s Marvel dropping the extra clothes and heads. Most people here open these and put them together. I am a MIB / MOC collector that would prefer single boxed figures for 80.00.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I'm excited for the next Spider-man set! It will be my favorite set, if it has the outfits I'm hoping for.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I always said the $80 sets might be worth it if 3 complete figures were included instead of having to buy 2 extra bodies.

Or instead of each set focused on 3 versions of 1 character what about a THEME set like 3 Spider-Man characters Spidey, Mary Jane and Green Goblin, 3 Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and X-Men characters.

FTC was offered this $80 set license restriction but turned it down. FTC proposed selling 4 Marvel Megos in a set for $100 where you had to buy all 4 not individual. Even random characters. I'd have gone for that!

This April it's been 3 years since the Retro Marvel sets were announced at 2014 C2E2. Maybe we're in store for a new announcement soon!
        Last edited by ovenmitt; Jan 29, '17, 8:36 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          I'm excited for the next Spider-man set! It will be my favorite set, if it has the outfits I'm hoping for.
          Me too! I want a Ben Reilly Spider-Man Costume(not the swear shirt either).
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
            Me too! I want a Ben Reilly Spider-Man Costume(not the swear shirt either).
            My thinking is you'll get two variations on that. I'm looking forward to that one too.

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

Dr. Mego, from what I recall, sounded optimistic about the future so there ought to be neat stuff in the pipeline, just those pesky NDAs exempt him from telling us.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

I'm hoping we get some Marvel Villains and superheroines like Ms. Marvel/Warbird/Captain Marvel or Black Widow. A She-Hulk would be sweet, too.
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

I'm sure whatever comes out in the future has a movie or tv tie-in.personally I'd like to see Dr.Strange,Black Panther and Ant-man.Hey,at least we know at this time more are planned.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

Star Lord would work within the three variation framewwork, and tie in with the next movie. I'd like to see Dr Strange too.

Comment

• DC_Guy
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Sep 18, 2008

I've wanted a Doctor Strange figure ever since I was nine years old! EMCE would do a great three-pack on him, I bet.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

My most wanted are Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and some foes--Doom, Red Skull, Loki.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          My most wanted are Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and some foes--Doom, Red Skull, Loki.
                          I've been on the fence with these because of price, but a Dr. Strange would probably get me to take the plunge.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^I"ve been buying parts of sets and have been very, very pleased. Forum members are actively involved in the development of these sets.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              ^I"ve been buying parts of sets and have been very, very pleased. Forum members are actively involved in the development of these sets.
                              It's not about the quality, I've seen them and was impressed. And it's not so much about the cost per se, but the cost in the context of my budget and the opportunity cost above and beyond the price itself that it represents. I've considered the Cap set at ThinkGeek for $40, but at $80 the presents a significant amount of my budget so I have to decide if want that piece at that price and am willing not to get $80 of other stuff I am looking for as well. For a single piece at that price, it not only has to be a quality piece I am interested in, but something I want more than everything else I can get with what I sink into the purchase price.

I know what my budget is, I know I have to stick to it, and I know I have to make some tough decisions because of it. As much as I have liked what I saw of the Marvel sets, I haven't liked them enough to pull the trigger with all that it entails. A good Doc figure though, could get me to change my mind as Doc is my favorite Marvel character and the only one I truly collect stuff for. The price itself is within what I would expect for such a piece, but it is not within the range I can spend without serious consideration. Others have different spending parameters than I do, and I understand that. I could buy these but it means not getting other things I want more, so I don't. My love of Doc could tip the scales on that piece though.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎