Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

2017 Retro Marvel : What can we Expect? Toy Fair? After Punisher?

What can we expect in 2017 from Retro Marvel? Will Toy Fair have anything New? What's after Punisher?

Seeing the FTC 14 DC Megos in window boxes makes me dream the same could be done with all 12 original Marvel Megos.

We all do!

I'm afraid we're in for Spider-Man 2099 next and who knows what after that. I was thinking the same thing that it would be awesome if we could get the 12 original Mego Marvels in single window boxes from Diamond but I doubt it will happen. They tell us time and time again the format won't change for these due to licensing restrictions. I think the licensing restriction is that they have to charge 80.00 for the figures and the extra heads and clothes was added to make us feel like we are getting more for our money. I know I am in the minority here but I would pay 80.00 for straight boxed reissues of the original Megos and single boxed new characters as long as they are classic 60s - 80s Marvel dropping the extra clothes and heads. Most people here open these and put them together. I am a MIB / MOC collector that would prefer single boxed figures for 80.00.

I'm excited for the next Spider-man set! It will be my favorite set, if it has the outfits I'm hoping for.

I always said the $80 sets might be worth it if 3 complete figures were included instead of having to buy 2 extra bodies.

Or instead of each set focused on 3 versions of 1 character what about a THEME set like 3 Spider-Man characters Spidey, Mary Jane and Green Goblin, 3 Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and X-Men characters.

FTC was offered this $80 set license restriction but turned it down. FTC proposed selling 4 Marvel Megos in a set for $100 where you had to buy all 4 not individual. Even random characters. I'd have gone for that!

This April it's been 3 years since the Retro Marvel sets were announced at 2014 C2E2. Maybe we're in store for a new announcement soon!
    Last edited by ovenmitt; Jan 29, '17 at 8:36 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I'm excited for the next Spider-man set! It will be my favorite set, if it has the outfits I'm hoping for.
    Me too! I want a Ben Reilly Spider-Man Costume(not the swear shirt either).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
    Me too! I want a Ben Reilly Spider-Man Costume(not the swear shirt either).
    My thinking is you'll get two variations on that. I'm looking forward to that one too.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Dr. Mego, from what I recall, sounded optimistic about the future so there ought to be neat stuff in the pipeline, just those pesky NDAs exempt him from telling us.

Images
    I'm hoping we get some Marvel Villains and superheroines like Ms. Marvel/Warbird/Captain Marvel or Black Widow. A She-Hulk would be sweet, too.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

I'm sure whatever comes out in the future has a movie or tv tie-in.personally I'd like to see Dr.Strange,Black Panther and Ant-man.Hey,at least we know at this time more are planned.

Images
    Star Lord would work within the three variation framewwork, and tie in with the next movie. I'd like to see Dr Strange too.