X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

Playset/Diorama Tips & Tricks?

Greetings, friends!

I'm interested in designing a few dioramas or playsets for my Megos. The poor, little buggers are stuck sitting in my bottom drawer and desperately need to be properly displayed--particularly my Star Trek figures. How might one go about this? I've read about Dida Displays and really dig them, but seeing as how they're no longer being made, I can't take that route. I've read few threads here and there (which have always suggested using cardboard), but I'm thinking that cardboard wouldn't be very stable for a playset. The (I'm guessing) plastic walls of the Dida Displays seem to be the way to go. Any thoughts on how to do a similarly design, but cheaper and easier to build?

Thanks!
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

A printed image on cardstock is a good start, kind of like a movie set with a picture for the background, then add some props and details in the foreground to complete the illusion.

Comment

• MegoMam
      • Dec 21, 2015

Print on photo paper, then slide you printouts into 3 ring binders, you can even remove the 3ring tingy. The effect is similar to Dida, though much simplified. The binders are a buck or two at most dollar stores. 2 binders gives you 4 pages of display, good enough for most backdrops. With some duck Tape and imagination you can get even more creative.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎