Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

So around $20 when they hit the US stores.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
      So around $20 when they hit the US stores.
      More or less I guess, it's turned me right off the line. I should probably stick to the FTC ones anyway.....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I worry that we'll never see these around here, with the Supergirl/Carrie Kelly wave so over-ordered and literally choking up the shelves here, and yet to be clearanced.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

That price is ridiculous for a figure like this. Granted, the run is probably smaller than Supergirl's was, but it also doesn't include the BAF piece.
          The whole Multiverse line strikes me as an odd lineup anyway. I can see the desire to do the tv show characters, and the Dark Knight Batman, Robin, Superman, Joker. But the movie BvS & Suicide Squad should have been seperate lines. And the other comic influenced version characters like Doomsday Superman and Obama Superman? Was there a need for those pegwarmers? 1st year Batman? I don't get the plan with those. Better they did more tv villains people know- LiveWire, Captain Cold, Black Canary. Or is it a matter of which characters DC wants for their direct line that Mattel has to take 2nd pick?

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

yeah I can't believe the overordering of that particular wave,and here I thought supergirl would be hard to come by so I ordered ahead of time from amazon lol,but these will just be clearanced like marvel legends to make room for new stuff.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I worry that we'll never see these around here, with the Supergirl/Carrie Kelly wave so over-ordered and literally choking up the shelves here, and yet to be clearanced.

Chris
              I STILL can't believe you have those. I've still NEVER seen Supergirl in any store here, lol.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I think they all shipped here. 3 or 4 Wal-Marts in my area had an entire endcap PACKED with this wave. And no one knows why.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                  That price is ridiculous for a figure like this. Granted, the run is probably smaller than Supergirl's was, but it also doesn't include the BAF piece.
                  The whole Multiverse line strikes me as an odd lineup anyway. I can see the desire to do the tv show characters, and the Dark Knight Batman, Robin, Superman, Joker. But the movie BvS & Suicide Squad should have been seperate lines. And the other comic influenced version characters like Doomsday Superman and Obama Superman? Was there a need for those pegwarmers? 1st year Batman? I don't get the plan with those. Better they did more tv villains people know- LiveWire, Captain Cold, Black Canary. Or is it a matter of which characters DC wants for their direct line that Mattel has to take 2nd pick?
                  Your post, combined w/my gathered wisdom on figure production leads me to conclude:
                  A) Mattel likely is limited w/their licence in a way that affects choices... the idea they are competing with the owners of the licence on similar product... makes sense.
                  B) BvS actually was a separate line, although maybe a bit smaller scale, and much cheaper construction... that said: One could assume (from the higher pricepoint based on higher quality) that the Multi-Verse line is decidedly a more "adult" line.
                  C) Seems that SUPERFRIENDS aren't the only repaints? Even if they ARE... well, repaints help offset production costs... they are welcomed when possible, and with the Multi-Verse release precedence, it's established they an release just about any character variant/repaint they want to offset prices (as long as DCC is okay w/it).
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎