X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Possible Solution to Bobble Head Problem? Inquiring Mind Wants to Know

I saw a post on this forum that someone had placed a Mego head from FTC on a Dr. Mego or Classic TV Toys Mego body and he said that fixed the problem. I am wanting to tighten the heads on my Super Friends figures and I was wondering if that will do the trick. I noticed that CTVT has the heads and outfits of the Super Friends and Legion of Doom with the exceptions of the Wonder Twins. So before I invest or spend any money, I was wondering if I could get confirmation on this statement or if this was just a rumor.
    Many Thanks and Cheers.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I can't say if the Doc Mego necks are smaller/tighter. I have used two approaches. If I am feeling really apathetic, a winding of tape usually works. If I have some extra time, I boil the head and stick something tubular in the neck to stretch it out, and then install it. I have a garage full of all kinds of junk and I just find something that works.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Ponytail bands. Quick, clean, reusable.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Agree with what these gentlemen have said. There are lots of good reasons to swap off the FTC bodies, but this isn't one of them. There are far easier ways to snug up a neck plug.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
          The Man of Many Voices
          • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Okay. Several questions since I have never done this before.

1: Where can I buy them?

2: Are the expensive, affordable, or somewhere in between?

3: Do you pop off and remove the heads first or do you insert these bands on with the heads in place?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Walgreens, probably a buck a bag, and you just put them on the neck in the groove that meets the body and reinsert.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• filmation batman fan
              The Man of Many Voices
              • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              ^^ Walgreens, probably a buck a bag, and you just put them on the neck in the groove that meets the body and reinsert.
              So you do remove the heads first?
              Last edited by filmation batman fan; Jan 31, '17, 3:42 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Thank you PN Gwynne. It turns out I have some. I used them to keep glasses and sunglasses in place on Mego figures. I've already crammed and jammed these invisible elastic bands in with the heads and it did the trick and tightened them up. My hands are sore as all get up from the work, but it's well worth it. Thanks again.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Sorry for the late reply. I remove the heads first, but leaving them in and using tweezers and a small flat screwdriver might also do.

Glad they worked for you.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎