Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Star Wars Movie Title/Chapter is....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

If they kill Luke, I will be a blubbering mess of sadness. I hope each film isn't an opportunity to kill off a legacy character. Han Solo was enough, and it was done well. Luke and Let Live.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      Rumor has it the title refers to Luke being the last "true" Jedi. Rey could become something different from a Jedi. Kinda like how Kylo uses the Dark Side but isn't really a Sith.
      I immediately thought it was referring to Luke per Yoda in ROTJ..."When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

According to The Force Awakens, we already know it refers to Luke.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

When they bring Balance to The Force, there may be no Jedi or Sith, they could have new Knights who blend the Dark Side and Light Side together, to avoid conflict, they become neutrals.

And yes, please do not kill off Luke. I am very excited to see much more of the character.

At least, they should wait until the end of Episode IX, becoming One with The Force after 30 more years pass in the story.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I like your take. Lucas did a very good job of showing that the Jedi Order was in part responsible for its own demise, due to their arrogance and their inability to deal with the Sith. He depicted a very flawed sect with an imperfect paradigm of the Force.

So... maybe Luke is the last Jedi and Rey is the new whatever you want to call it good guy Force user. Works for me.

P.S. Don't kill off Luke!!!!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Some argue Luke already brings balance to the Force by channeling his anger, but not falling into the abyss. I like that myself.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by Hedji
                I like your take. Lucas did a very good job of showing that the Jedi Order was in part responsible for its own demise, due to their arrogance and their inability to deal with the Sith. He depicted a very flawed sect with an imperfect paradigm of the Force.

So... maybe Luke is the last Jedi and Rey is the new whatever you want to call it good guy Force user. Works for me.

P.S. Don't kill off Luke!!!!!!
                Thanks!

Yeah, the Prequels did reveal that part of the lore, and Yoda admited his failure.

I 'need' more background on the ancient Force Wielders, telling how it all began.

It will be cool if future Star Wars films expand on what was said.

Many Sith were fallen/turned Jedi, but who were the early Sith Lords? - a question I would like to have answered in the movies.

I don't know about older Sith, except Darth Plagueis.

I think it might be fun to learn who established the organizations and temples, and who invented the rules governing Force use. (and how many changes did the system go through)

I say there is lost Jedi knowledge out there, that they forgot important teachings and that is why it all went downhill.

There had to be a more prosperous age for the Jedi, and a much more stable environment in the Galaxy.

It was already twisted during the years leading up to The Clone Wars, complete with disobedient and prideful Jedi.

I also feel that there had to be many more Jedi in ancient times that were able to generate the legends and prestige of the Jedi Order, felt in their last few decades.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Even the Horta has weighed in on the possible fate of Luke Skywalker:

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                    Thanks!

Yeah, the Prequels did reveal that part of the lore, and Yoda admited his failure.

I 'need' more background on the ancient Force Wielders, telling how it all began.

It will be cool if future Star Wars films expand on what was said.

Many Sith were fallen/turned Jedi, but who were the early Sith Lords? - a question I would like to have answered in the movies.

I don't know about older Sith, except Darth Plagueis.

I think it might be fun to learn who established the organizations and temples, and who invented the rules governing Force use. (and how many changes did the system go through)

I say there is lost Jedi knowledge out there, that they forgot important teachings and that is why it all went downhill.

There had to be a more prosperous age for the Jedi, and a much more stable environment in the Galaxy.

It was already twisted during the years leading up to The Clone Wars, complete with disobedient and prideful Jedi.

I also feel that there had to be many more Jedi in ancient times that were able to generate the legends and prestige of the Jedi Order, felt in their last few decades.

Bits and pieces have been answered in the cartoons.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

That's true.

I have a feeling a larger element of The Force will be covered in VIII and IX.

-------

Yes, No Kill Luke. The wonders of the mind meld. Ha!,Ha!

---------

A side note, I think it would have been better if green Lightsabers showed the higher rank and skill of a Jedi (for outstanding and exceptional Jedi like Luke), and the blue Lightsaber was for the apprentice and the regular Jedi Knight. (instead of the crystal choosing the Jedi)

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

I, too, was wondering if this was the choice.

Although I'm not real comfy taking the prequels so central as SW moves forward, I do realize that that is unavoidable.

With that in mind: The above choice is a clever way to comment on the flawed Jedi and the PURPOSE (and/or FATE) OF THE BALANCE talked to death about in the prequels.

It also (as you mentioned) gives symmetry to the Knights of Ren.

It also sets up the SWU as a place where there are "many religions".... pretty in line w/what they did with ROGUE ONE.

To sum up, if true, it'd be a very interesting choice... but, I'm not gonna get my hopes up... rarely are movie studios THAT clever with their choices.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Ray can not pursue a romantic relationship with Finn if she adheres to the devout Jedi teaching that attachment is forbidden. Luke may not have a strong connection to the Prequel era ways of the Order, so he may not even be aware of the no-attachment rule. If he does know of the old rules, either Rey has to choose between Finn and becoming a Jedi, or they start a new sect.

Don't forget that Luke's previous attempt to restore the Jedi Order didn't end well, and he holds himself personally responsible. So he may flat out refuse, thereby being the Last Jedi.

This is what Star Wars does best between films... get you speculating. I love these times. So much more fun than arguing over the merits of the Prequels.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Ray can not pursue a romantic relationship with Finn if she adheres to the devout Jedi teaching that attachment is forbidden. Luke may not have a strong connection to the Prequel era ways of the Order, so he may not even be aware of the no-attachment rule. If he does know of the old rules, either Rey has to choose between Finn and becoming a Jedi, or they start a new sect.

Don't forget that Luke's previous attempt to restore the Jedi Order didn't end well, and he holds himself personally responsible. So he may flat out refuse, thereby being the Last Jedi.

This is what Star Wars does best between films... get you speculating. I love these times. So much more fun than arguing over the merits of the Prequels.
                            It's no secret that "arguing"/debating is something I enjoy very much... but, no need to derail this thread... especially because, firstly, I agree that the "speculation" is a great element of SW films.

Secondly, I might find the aftertaste of prequels notably bitter, BUT, what's done is done, and the more that the newer films integrate the prequels (and specifically here, their story logic), then, IMHO, the prequels are strengthened.... it's kinda backwards/retroactive to look at it that way, but, it's thinking positive, right?

So, yeah, the whole "Jedi can't love" thing is taking it in an even more clever direction.

Amazing how many intriguingly clever layers fans can speculate about... now, it's up to the filmmakers to come EVEN close!
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Klosterheim
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 23, 2013

Yes, I feel it is all interesting stuff.

I look forward to reading more views and thoughts about The Last Jedi.

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

I would much rather see another interstory like Rogue One

Perhaps the life of Porkins and how he was able to into that x-wing --- or was it constructed around him ?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎