X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

King Kong vs Godzilla movies are set in the "Monsterverse"

Legendary, Warner Bros Pictures, and Universal's shared universe of Godzilla and King Kong pictures has an official title. As is becoming the norm for
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I'm taking Kong Island and subsequent films at face value and just bringing the 12 year old inside me to watch these. Every time I see a trailer, it makes me smile because who ever thought we would see anything like this again? I think they will be fun and entertaining. That's all the expectation I am looking for here.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

The Kong toys are now hitting Walmarts.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I dig the "Kong: Skull Island" poster above; nice way to pay a bit of homage to another film that was set during the Vietnam conflict.

Haven't seen any of the toys yet except for the Funko POP big Kong figure and, while I like POPs and enjoy collecting them, something about the Kong POP is off.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Haven't been keeping up with new info

Did they ever explain how they're going to do the size difference ?

King Kong's whole body would be able to fit in Godzilla's mouth

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
              Haven't been keeping up with new info

Did they ever explain how they're going to do the size difference ?

King Kong's whole body would be able to fit in Godzilla's mouth
              I've yet to hear any explanations as to the size difference except for artistic license. Since Legendary now holds the rights to both characters (at least in this part of the world), my guess is the producers, screenwriters, director, etc., just made a creative choice to "up" Kong's stature to be more in line with the Big G's.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

This looks like it will be a cool movie, along with lots of loud special effects, a giant gorilla in Jurassic Park basically.

Sorry I'm not into the 2 different U.S. versions of Godzilla, seeing a K vs G movie with Kong looking awesome and
                the big G looking like he needs weight watches is not giving me an excited outlook.

Why not bring back updated versions of American made 50's sci fi prehistoric monsters like the Beast from 20,000
                Fathoms and It Came from Beneath the Sea, or the Deadly Mantis? with today's special effects remakes of these
                movies might be interesting, JMO

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by tjacwave50

Why not bring back updated versions of American made 50's sci fi prehistoric monsters like the Beast from 20,000
                  Fathoms and It Came from Beneath the Sea, or the Deadly Mantis? with today's special effects remakes of these
                  movies might be interesting, JMO
                  I think in a way the 50's B giant monster movies are already back with lousy films such as Big Azz Spider and the like usually seen on SciFi or Chiller

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

I think they need to add an updated Jet Jaguar

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                      I've yet to hear any explanations as to the size difference except for artistic license. Since Legendary now holds the rights to both characters (at least in this part of the world), my guess is the producers, screenwriters, director, etc., just made a creative choice to "up" Kong's stature to be more in line with the Big G's.
                      Speculating off if what's been released...

The island is born from the bones of a dead monster, or so the teaser poster implies. That would mean it's radiated as explained in Godzilla. The Skull of skull Island is the monster's face, and the fog bank is a radiation cloud. That would explain why boats, planes do a Bermuda Triangle when in vicinity.

So some species born on the island and survive off it, adapt.

To me, it looks like Kong is going to be offspring of whatever apes first made it to this landmass. You look at the Ox, spider, etc...and the idea may be a boat from Africa crashed there a x thousands of years ago.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by tmthor
                        I think they need to add an updated Jet Jaguar
                        Man did I love Jet Jaguar when I was a kid. Still do. This Kong film looks like it'll be fun. The size difference between Kong and Godzilla is huge. I hope their solution isn't too hoky.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Post-Credit stinger to setup Godzilla sequel.

My guess is the G sequel will be a remake of Ghidrah 3-Headed Monster which will directly lead into a remake of Destroy All Monsters with KK v Goji at the core. That would spread the vfx costs over two movies.

Jet Jaguar and Mecha-G are featured in Ready Player One along with Shogun Warriors and other Jumbo J-bots. I wonder if Spielberg is going for the license or knock-offs.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎