Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Got mine today and was really impressed. Very accurate to the original. Had an issue with the buttons coming off the transporter, but Scott jumped in and helped me through it. All fixed and good as new. I pulled out my original and did a one to one comparison. There's not much to pick from that is different. Outside of the tan coloring of the console and chair parts, the only thing I noticed different was the graphics were not on the inner door where characters would exit the transporter. Those were available though as a decal to apply if you wanted. On the original they were built into that piece on the door. Also the space scenes were not double-sided as they were on the original. On these they are one sided, but all of them are included. It's a stellar piece and done really well.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

Still a day or two away for me. Might show up tomorrow, but Monday was the ETA date.

Comment

• greensavage2000
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by MIB41
        Had an issue with the buttons coming off the transporter...
        Yeah that happened to me when I was moving it for dusting. The bottom part of the button fell out too. It was a little bit of a pain to get the spring, the top and bottom of the button aligned but as soon as I did it went together easily. That being said I would recommend pushing all that tight right from the got go as a preventative measure. It's as good as a repro could be, so close to the original even the box is a joy. Here's a pic of mine with some figures.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by greensavage2000
          Here's a pic of mine with some figures.

Gah!
          Kirk is surrounded by aliens!

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Funny, I think that's the first real photo I've seen of that set showing the actual color of the furniture. Just about every photo previously furnished of that set either shows an original Mego one in its place or doesn't show you the interior details. I haven't opened my EMCE one, so until now I didn't know the furniture was tan.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• greensavage2000
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2013

The furniture is a pale grey. My camera skews towards yellow sometimes. Here's, hopefully, some pics that are more accurately represents the correct color.

Here they are with somethings that might further help illustrate the correct color. Besides phasers and Batman can only make things cooler.

I'm glad you mentioned this so I could make sure I was providing helpful info and not misinformation.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 9, 2013

At thinkgeek they say it's back in stock. Here's a link.

View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.
                Last edited by greensavage2000; Feb 6, '17, 7:27 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Ah, but now at $34.99. Still a good deal...but not quite as crazy good.

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

I didn't realize they marked it up a little but like you said it's still a great deal. I paid 60 for mine and have no buyer's remorse.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎