Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise playset $19.99 at ThinkGeek

Images
    I'm guessing that ThinkGeek probably took a bath on these due to the non-availability of figures to go with it.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Images
    ^^^ That's a good point. With the aftermarket being so high on these retro figures, that probably undermined demand for the set with those who wanted both.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

I'm glad I missed this too. I am trying to downsize and I would DEFINITELY have bought a set at that price!... only to try and sell it five years later after I never got a chance to open it! LOL!

Images
    I actually spotted the sale just randomly before seeing any posts on it, and had two in my cart for checkout...but at the last minute I said "nah", and closed the window. I have one already, and I started wondering what I would do with two more.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

I received tracking info today.

Images
    Got mine today and was really impressed. Very accurate to the original. Had an issue with the buttons coming off the transporter, but Scott jumped in and helped me through it. All fixed and good as new. I pulled out my original and did a one to one comparison. There's not much to pick from that is different. Outside of the tan coloring of the console and chair parts, the only thing I noticed different was the graphics were not on the inner door where characters would exit the transporter. Those were available though as a decal to apply if you wanted. On the original they were built into that piece on the door. Also the space scenes were not double-sided as they were on the original. On these they are one sided, but all of them are included. It's a stellar piece and done really well.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Still a day or two away for me. Might show up tomorrow, but Monday was the ETA date.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    Had an issue with the buttons coming off the transporter...
    Yeah that happened to me when I was moving it for dusting. The bottom part of the button fell out too. It was a little bit of a pain to get the spring, the top and bottom of the button aligned but as soon as I did it went together easily. That being said I would recommend pushing all that tight right from the got go as a preventative measure. It's as good as a repro could be, so close to the original even the box is a joy. Here's a pic of mine with some figures.

Quote Originally Posted by greensavage2000 View Post
    Here's a pic of mine with some figures.

Gah!
    Kirk is surrounded by aliens!

Images
    Funny, I think that's the first real photo I've seen of that set showing the actual color of the furniture. Just about every photo previously furnished of that set either shows an original Mego one in its place or doesn't show you the interior details. I haven't opened my EMCE one, so until now I didn't know the furniture was tan.

--SKot