X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

False-Face costumes (Batman '66)

For all of you considering FF customs, here's a run-down of all his costumes in his episode (which IMO is among the series' best). I hope you find it useful:

1. Diplomat: Blue cutaway and trousers, red sash, gray top hat, spats, and gloves, pearl-gray ascot tie, grim mask with detachable goatee (One could dye a Mad Hatter suit for
    this)
    2. Baker: White chef uniform with half-apron and baker's hat, white gloves, laughing mask
    3. Blaze's escape: Gray 2-piece suit with black fedora, lt. blue tie, white gloves, grim mask
    4. Lair: Gray 3-piece suit, dk. blue tie and burgundy pocket square, white gloves, red curly wig, grim mask
    5. Armored car heist: Gray guard's uniform w/ cap, grim mask. Malachi Throne with a cheesy mustache is actually the disguise, then the reveal is masked FF.
    6. Alley battle: Old lady--black cardigan, dk. blue skirt, black hat w/ veil, gray wig and grim mask, dark round glasses, black mitt gloves, black cane
    7. Chief O'Hara shanghai: Chief O'Hara with trick police whistle
    8. Subway death-trap: In vending machine, FF with laughing mask, 3-piece gray suit, black fedora. Then at the tracks: bib overalls, blue shirt, engineer's cap, and grim mask. No gloves.
    9. Blaze punished: Yellow-gold kimono, white gloves, grim balding mask with black hair, brows, and Fu-Manchu mustache
    10. Bank caper: Guard's gray uniform and cap (see also #5) breaks away to reveal grim mask with black knit cap, black turtleneck, gray trousers, no gloves
    11. Escape: Gotham police navy uniform w/ cap, blue shirt, white gloves, grim mask
    12. Bioscope Studios cowboy: Brown cowboy hat, brown trousers, green check shirt, burgundy corduroy vest, no gloves. Later, grim mask revealed. Probably boots. Cowboy cameo by bit actor Mike Ragan, who was also a make-up man.
    13: Commissioner Gordon: Dk. gray 2-piece suit, gray fedora, light-blue tie, grim mask. No gloves. Similar to #3.

All footwear (except for possibly the cowboy) is black dress shoes and black socks.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 13, '21, 2:39 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

I Prefer the DIPLOMAT Version!!!!!!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I like #4 with the red clown wig. This character is just asking for multiple variants, right up FTC's alley.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm rewatching Throne right now as FF on HI. He's so damn good, those episodes are in my Batman '66 Top Ten.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Thanks Scott for all your hard-work and attention to detail on this.
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome and my pleasure--it required me to rewatch the episode, so it was fun!

With CTVT and John-Boy's assistance, I think most of these costumes can be approximated. I did #4.

I wonder if skinny Egbert's guard uniform will fit a standard figure?
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 2, '19, 7:57 AM.

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I'm rewatching Throne right now as FF on HI. He's so damn good, those episodes are in my Batman '66 Top Ten.
              Even as a little kid watching the show in reruns, I always thought False-Face was a great villain and wondered why we saw him so little compared to King Tut and a couple others we could have swapped a new False-Face episode or two for.

(for the record, before this turns into a "Supoort King Tut" thread, King Tut can be fun . . . )

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by knight errant00
                Even as a little kid watching the show in reruns, I always thought False-Face was a great villain and wondered why we saw him so little compared to King Tut and a couple others we could have swapped a new False-Face episode or two for.

(for the record, before this turns into a "Supoort King Tut" thread, King Tut can be fun . . . )
                I think the story that is around is Throne was annoyed that he didn't get his name in the opening credits like the other villains, just a question mark.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  You're welcome and my pleasure--it required me to rewatch the episode, so it was fun!

With CTVT and John-Boy's assistance, I think most of these costumes can be approximated. I did #4.

I wonder if skinny Egbert's guard uniform will fit a standard figure?
                  I doubt it would fit, the Kiss Dressed to Kill stuff barely fits regular bodies so an even skinnier cut suit no way.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    I think the story that is around is Throne was annoyed that he didn't get his name in the opening credits like the other villains, just a question mark.
                    I believe it had to do with pay: Throne had the lead guest spot, but he said he was paid the same as featured actress Myrna Fahey because of the masks. Supposedly he requested his name not be on the opening credits, but in truth this could have been a PR ploy--there was intense speculation about the casting of the part.

As for a reappearance, once Throne signed onto It Takes a Thief he probably did not have time for an episode in season 2.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Given the masks on CTVT just begging to made into this character, this is a really good guide. I'm very likely going to give one of these recipes a try.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Hmmm. I might try to make a False Face custum.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎