X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    looked at those, a little pricy for something that can't stand up.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I just researched some pug stats. Avg. height: 15 lbs. Avg. height: 10-11 inches.

So, a 1 to 1.25-inch figurine should be in good scale for Megos.

BTW, "Bandit" is a popular pug name!
      I am pretty sure Bandit was supposed to be a bulldog... although size wise, he probably was closer to a pug.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

If T-Bolt's one is the right size, then a re-paint will work wonders.

Now, I know most people know that mindset, but the case being that a paint-job would actually be an effort to DE-emphasize the fine detail, well, I thought it was worth mentioning.

banditpainteditjpgfinal.jpg
        Last edited by huedell; Jan 23, '17, 2:37 AM.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
          I am pretty sure Bandit was supposed to be a bulldog... although size wise, he probably was closer to a pug.
          I've never met an English Bulldog as spry as Bandit. If he was a bulldog, he would have been dead meat in episode one.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

According to wiki--meh--Bandit doesn't conform to any standard for a specific bulldog breed, but in many ways resembles a pug--excepting the tail.

It's all good, whatever figurine works.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              I've never met an English Bulldog as spry as Bandit. If he was a bulldog, he would have been dead meat in episode one.
              According to all decently Googled sources, Bandit was intended to be a bulldog... but, of course, the end result is questionable... reasonably vague/questionable though.... I mean, the cartoon is pretty cartoony with many typical Hanna-Barbera qualities bordering on hyperbole and/or all-out farcical tone.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Never saw a palm sized bulldog either. I have read that Wildey wasn't happy with Bandit as in the show, but if he intended a Bulldog it was a big miscue personality wise, not built for adventuring or any sort of defense of itself or Jonny. At least a Pug is more athletic and able to actually run and jump. A Pug fits the character and the look much better.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

^^^ Never saw a palm sized bulldog either. I have read that Wildey wasn't happy with Bandit as in the show, but if he intended a Bulldog it was a big miscue personality wise, not built for adventuring or any sort of defense of itself or Jonny. At least a Pug is more athletic and able to actually run and jump. A Pug fits the character and the look much better.
                  Bulldogs have a lot of character in their look (and cartoon precedence... even back then)... I can see why Wildley wanted a bulldog.

But Bandit undeniably looks like a pug whether it was intended to be a bulldog or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the final decision makers just created their own breed of mini-bulldog that looked like a pug... but, hey, looks like we'll never know if there's any validity to that possbility.

As far as the character/personality? Pug? Sure... why not? But, with a touch of "Hanna-Barbera-ian" human thrown in.

Lucky for us, we just need to fill out a "Quest" Retro-Mego set.. not cast a dog for a live-action movie

Pug.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Again per wiki, supposedly Wildey wanted a monkey mascot for Jonny, but H-B nixed it.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I can't believe I am getting sucked in to a dog debate with Hue. My point being that a bulldog would be all wrong for a team of adventurers, they usually just want to sit around.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

I can't believe I am getting sucked in to a dog debate with Hue. My point being that a bulldog would be all wrong for a team of adventurers, they usually just want to sit around.
                        I can't believe it either.

My point was: It was only a cartoon, and there APPEARED TO BE (not "WAS") an assessment of that flexibility on HB's part for the character's action.

I also agreed/noted that Bandit looks like a pug.

What's to debate about?

Apologies, if my obsessiveness on examining the subject and then reporting on the subject comes off as a "debate". SINCERELY, sorry.

Didn't see the "monkey" part...another interesting factor, there.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎