X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Custom J.Q. Bandit

Got my $2.79 shipped bulldog from China today that I bought off eBay. As I type this I have primed the dog in white, I'm sharing pictures to showcase the scale. I know this bulldog doesn't look the style of Bandit, but I bought him in the event FTC never makes Bandit. Anyway I hope FTC and the moderators don't mind my sharing on the FTC board rather than a custom thread--I think more member's eyes and Jonny Quest fans are apt to see it here. I made the effort to juxtapose a FTC figure with the dog so hopefully that balances things out. I look forward to see what types of dogs other Mego Museum member's bought who, like me, are painting bulldogs to look like Bandit or sculpting one from scratch.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

If you redo the ears you'd have a perfect figure, little on the big side for Bandit, but he's got the right look.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

That'll work great.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

FTC WILL make a really nice and poseable Bandit.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I thought they were on record as saying they would not?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            ^ I thought they were on record as saying they would not?
            seems to be all these people that know that they will or won't make Bandit. It should have been a pack in with Jonny if they were. He is a pretty small dog.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 21, '17, 11:13 AM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

I ended up ordering that same dog! Thanks for the pics, it looks like it has potential.

How long did it end up taking to come from China?

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I purchased on Jan 8th and received Jan 20th, so not too long. The eyes on the dog are excellent. The sculpt is going to look to lifelike for those expecting simple HB likeness. The dog has muscles, folded skin, and male private parts. (Luckily not in the style Walt Flanigan's dog for those who also own the original Jay & Silent Bob figures. )

Longest wait I ever had overseas was a jumbo machinder Jeeg from Italy. The tail end of 6 weeks, if I remember correctly. I've found the small, cheap items from China don't take that long to ship. Things like small Dr Who jewelry or 1:6 doll clothes have reasonable wait times.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, what is it with the very lengthy shipping from Italy?

Originally posted by jacoblb
                  I purchased on Jan 8th and received Jan 20th, so not too long. The eyes on the dog are excellent. The sculpt is going to look to lifelike for those expecting simple HB likeness. The dog has muscles, folded skin, and male private parts. (Luckily not in the style Walt Flanigan's dog for those who also own the original Jay & Silent Bob figures. )

Longest wait I ever had overseas was a jumbo machinder Jeeg from Italy. The tail end of 6 weeks, if I remember correctly. I've found the small, cheap items from China don't take that long to ship. Things like small Dr Who jewelry or 1:6 doll clothes have reasonable wait times.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Maybe some company down the road will buy into an exclusive and offer an awesome FTC Bandit multi-pack. I could see Emerald doing that or something. Perhaps after some time JQ won't always be a limited exclusive. We all know FTC likes to re-combine their toys into new packaging styles. If so, this will entice or scoop Jonny-come-lately like myself who intend to, or want to, but have yet to buy their JQ product.

I'm only guessing, but I assumed FTC limiting these new HB figures was a defiant reaction to retailers/vendors who complained they can't make money on their product with a solemn "Oh, yeah, wanna bet?" Much in the same way Mattel complained they couldn't make money on retro style figures....and look at FTC now. I love my EMCE product too, but FTC is the king of retro cloth and has been since they shocked the public by winning major license rights. Heck, I'm still mindful to get their old early 2000 product. I've profound and utmost respect and gratitude to FTC. Haters are gonna hate, but no one can deny FTC'S legacy. Even if retro cloth doesn't sell in Barbie units like Mattel wanted our niche audience has proven there's a company able to turn out product, like it or not, and make a profit. Back when I was buying FTC re-Mego reproductions I never imagined we'd see the day of Batman 66 and new DC figures, among other types.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I'm leaning towards this one

Little over an inch tall.
                      should be good when you take into consideration that Race can hold him in his hand

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Cute. I figured a sittingBandit would reach to about Jonny's knee.

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

Agreed. That's a better looking match to Bandit than I hurriedly chose.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I just researched some pug stats. Avg. height: 15 lbs. Avg. height: 10-11 inches.

So, a 1 to 1.25-inch figurine should be in good scale for Megos.

BTW, "Bandit" is a popular pug name!
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 21, '17, 6:51 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Kitan Club PUTITTO Series Pug Dog Animal Collection Completed Set 8pcs at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

In peril Bandit?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎