Persistent Member
    • Jun 11, 2008

For Sale FS: Vintage original Mego boxed and loose pirates

SOLD!!!
    Last edited by blastphemey; Feb 14, '17, 3:09 PM. Reason: sold
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

If you do decide to break up the loose pirates, I'm interested in Blackbeard.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• blastphemey
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by boss
      If you do decide to break up the loose pirates, I'm interested in Blackbeard.
      PM'd you, I'll break them up , why not ¯\_(ツ)_/

Comment

• blastphemey
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 11, 2008

update bump. Jean Lafitte sold

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

Those are nice. Why someone would settle for rubbery headed brittle knockoffs that will dry rot more within a few years is beyond me. The materials Mego used make them solid and durable 40 years later. The newer materials, maybe eco-friendly? I don't know but they get brittle, crack split, etc in just a few years. The rubbery head lacked the details of the originals and are not quality vinyl but rubbery. Mego did it right. These will be here in another 40 years. I know I buried my Dracula when I was a kid and 40 years later, he was dug up and is still in tact enough to be able to be restored. Someone should snap these up. I have a loose set or I would. Just my 2 c.

Comment

• blastphemey
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by hobub
            Those are nice. Why someone would settle for rubbery headed brittle knockoffs that will dry rot more within a few years is beyond me. The materials Mego used make them solid and durable 40 years later. The newer materials, maybe eco-friendly? I don't know but they get brittle, crack split, etc in just a few years. The rubbery head lacked the details of the originals and are not quality vinyl but rubbery. Mego did it right. These will be here in another 40 years. I know I buried my Dracula when I was a kid and 40 years later, he was dug up and is still in tact enough to be able to be restored. Someone should snap these up. I have a loose set or I would. Just my 2 c.
            100% agree with you, from the heads, bodies and the clothes, they are withstanding the test of time. It's unbelievable these are 43 years old. I've grown out of material items and sentiment the past few years so I just cannot justify having these sit in a box forever. Thanks for the bump mate

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

I pm'd you.
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• blastphemey
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 11, 2008

Not sure how to close the thread i don't see any option to do so, All items are sold however

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎