X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Scooby Doo reviews?

Curious if anyone received their Scooby Doo figures and if so any chance of posting pictures with details of quality?
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Pulled from Mego Mania, I don't have a set yet.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

They do look really good. I get my Jonny Quest set today but these guys won't be far off. I like the use of the skinny body on Shaggy. That really works well. Great designs.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Okay, got the meddling kids last night:

Freddy: Almost perfect. Head dead on, costume great except for the collar and ascot. The collar is supposed to be open and the ascot tied around his neck beneath it. What they did was tuck the ascot under the collar like a fat orange tie, so it looks off. Really the only flaw with him, though.

Daphne: headsculpt is good, hair is bad because they skimped on it. I can see what they were trying to do with the hairband, and it works on the front, but there isn't enough hair on the sides to make it look right. The dress is very much on model, the legs could be a bit more purple, and the shoes, though well done and unique to her, fall off as soon as you pull her out.

Shaggy: So close to being perfect you want to scream. The thin body works surprisingly well here, and the costume is dead on. The head is sculpted perfectly, and is in great scale for him. The one thing wrong is the way they completely jacked up the neck. It's too thick and it bulges out and then back in as it hits the torso. And the bulging isn't even, either; the left side looks almost like he has some kind of malignant growth. If the neck just went straight down and met the torso, it would be the runaway hit of the set.

Ghost Clown: Would have loved his gold coin, but there is a lot to him, so I can forgive the absence of said accessory. The costume is good, but, and this is a weird complaint, it fits too well. The arms and legs are appropriately baggy, but the torso fits almost perfectly, usually a good thing, but all wrong here. The mask over the face of the bad guy is big when in place, but it's done pure Captain Action style (back and front piece like Batman or the Phantom), very fitting for the time period, so the nostalgia factor compensates for that. The hat just sort of sits there on the head and really doesn't look like it should; should have just sculpted it as part of the back piece of the mask.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Great feedback. Helps me decide on the direction this line is taking. If the van is made with Scooby, I'm sold for sure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm mystified as to why Daphne doesn't have tights/hosiery.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

I'm baffled it's so hard to find pics of these guys. Or any of the new figures. It always seems like we get a couple of photos and that's it. Not always good ones either.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                I'm baffled it's so hard to find pics of these guys. Or any of the new figures. It always seems like we get a couple of photos and that's it. Not always good ones either.
                Maybe they aren't selling so hot. If FT isn't selling thru places like BBTS or EE anymore, they are limiting exposure quite a bit. In Scooby Doo's case maybe people are waiting to see if the dog is coming.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Maybe they aren't selling so hot. If FT isn't selling thru places like BBTS or EE anymore, they are limiting exposure quite a bit. In Scooby Doo's case maybe people are waiting to see if the dog is coming.
                  Yeah, but it's just a recurring trend for a while now. I hear lots of people posting about getting new FTC items, but rarely see photos. It's just odd, but I know a few other toy forums that have somewhat similar issues so it's not entirely a Mego thing.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Actually BBTS is selling Scooby-doo and Jonny Quest.......FTC can't survive only selling from their website. They need vendors to chip in too

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                      Actually BBTS is selling Scooby-doo and Jonny Quest.......FTC can't survive only selling from their website. They need vendors to chip in too
                      well, they've been calling them exclusives to FTC. I see no one but FTC selling them on Ebay. They used to have a few sellers carry them there.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

EE doesn't seem to be carrying them, and I thought they were pretty tight with FTC.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

BBTS is carrying the Teen Titans too.

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

These Scooby doo figures are just so damn cool ,Wonderful job FTC did on this line ,( just like jonny quest ),Shaggy looks fantastic ,Freddy-spot on,Daphne also
                            looks good -the rooted hair looks good on her ,had to adjust the tape better around her hair ,but this works for me ,it appears she has a wire on the bottom of her
                            dress -to set just right ,a little FTC goo that they use for glass,s will keep the shoes on ,Ghost clown is really nice ,these sculpts are amazing for figures
                            done in this format ,and like jonny quest ill buy a second set to display loose ,Hope series 2 will be along soon with Velma,Scooby-with scrappy-?(long shot),The funland robot and perhaps the green giggling ghost .Nice figures ,very colorful and vibrant .if these were at toy departments they would get your attention .

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

It's too bad these aren't seeing a wider release, with Scooby Doo merchandise having a regular spot at retail right now. It seems like FTC hit on these at the right moment, unlike Harry Potter, which they missed on, timing-wise.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎