X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

Muscle body customs

Hey everyone. I picked up a couple of doc Mego muscle bodies and I want to try to use one for my DC retro Darkseid. Anyone have an idea how I can modify the muscle body to use the Darkseid gloves and boots?

Also, speaking of boots, I'm going to put together a Solomon Grundy. I can make him barefoot, but I'd like to find some boots to fit the muscle body. Is there a figure from another line that I can swipe boots from that will fit?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

Hi Steve, have you considered using Jakks UFC or TNA 8in bodies? Not only are they muscular, but you can draw from a decent selection of caucasian and African American bodies. Using this type of body added a huge amount of realism to my custom Cyborg figure. Best regards, Mel

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Look for rubber lace up boots for GI Joe they fit the feet on the Doc Mego muscle body. I imaging FTC will be making something for its Grundy to fit them, too. I did add some craft foam heals for more height.

Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 25, '17, 3:41 AM.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

When I made my Grundy a while back I popped his feet right off and just shoved on a pair of Big Jim boots.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

Good suggestions, guys. Thanks!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I use FC boots on the Doc body. I boil the feet and do a significant amount of trimming with an exacto knife to make them fit. I don't think there's anything you can do with the feet to make them fit the RA boots. You'd need to slice away too much.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

I made custom shoes for DrMego hulk bodies when I built my Hellboy:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...991#post949991

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎