Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

Is the picture working now? I can see it, but I could see the one before, so I'm not sure what happened.
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

I had a ton of Megos as a kid, but none of mine survived past the high school years and most were discarded by my parents when we moved between 7th and 8th grade (along with all my Micronauts and my Star Wars stuff, every time we moved-which we did every 2-3 years through elementary school and jr. high, I ended up losing 1/2 to 3/4 of my toys in the pre-move purge by my parents).

I remember having one of the Planet of the Apes figures (he had a M-16 style machine gun but not sure which one), Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, and the Klingon from Trek, Batman, Robin, Riddler, Joker, Superman, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Arrow and Tarzan from the DC side of the WGS, Spider-Man, Lizard, Green Goblin, Hulk, Thing, Conan, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Falcon from the Marvel side, and the Spider-Man mobile crime lab van. I used a Super Joe and an Intruder from G.I.Joe as additional villains for the heroes.

Green Arrow was the only one who survived into high school (I hid him among my personal affects when we moved otherwise he would have been gone too), but he didn't survive beyond that. I wish I had pics of them even (or that somehow I had managed to preserve them), but alas that is not the case.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

sharry.jpg

I sent this pic to Brian when I first joined the Museum. This is me, age 7 w/ my Lainie doll. She's wearing a Crissy doll dress and a poncho that my mom crocheted. I do have another Lainie w/ a broken leg (seems to be typical of aging Lainie dolls), in the box, but she doesn't work and I can't display her w/ a broken leg.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Very cool! Nothing like pics with us loving on our Megos.

Comment

• greensavage2000
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by generic

Is the picture working now? I can see it, but I could see the one before, so I'm not sure what happened.
            Yeah I can see it now thanks.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Spidey survived. Notice the slit I made in his neck to get his head back on, and my 70s sewing repairs. I have a few more to post later.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎