X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Wendy and Marvin Pictures

I am cleaning up (at least, that's what I told my wife!) and I decided to open these real quick to take a look at them:

Wendy & Marvin 1.jpg

Very 70s-ish looking! Perfect Mego character fodder. I was surprised at their size, which I didn't realize in package. They are on 7" kid bodies, even though Marvin looks a little more buff. Wendy is on the less articulated, straight arm girl body, but I like it; it fits her. I guess I envisioned Marvin to be about the same height and lankiness as Shaggy, but they were kids and FTC got it right. Now, let's get the negatives out the way...

Marvin's cape doesn't hang and has a weird design, as shown in the picture. Not sure why they did that. And my Marvin's pants don't really close, even when I do pull the velcro over to attach them. But with his arms down, the shirt pretty much hides it. The shoes are for an 8" figure, but work well enough. Does he stand on his own? Yes, so no complaints on the shoes. Not sure I like his eyes always looking to his left though.

I guess Wendy could have had bigger hair, since it's molded hair and not "real", and I guess they could have used the more articulated girls body, but I really have no complaints with her.

Wendy & Marvin 2.jpg

Everything else is pretty positive. It's Wendy and Marvin. In Mego form. How cool is that?

Also, I just folded down the edges of Marvin's cape and that definitely helps the look:

Wendy & Marvin 6.jpg

Wonder Twins with their Jr Justice League predecessors:

Wendy & Marvin 7.jpg

And one more comparison picture:

Wendy & Marvin 8.jpg
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jan 15, '17, 10:33 PM. Reason: Changed some pictures
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

They look awesome--thanks for the great pics!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Cool pics! Thanks for the sharing!

Comment

• Bruce Wayne 27 1967
        • Mar 9, 2010

Can't wait to add these to my SF collection. Thx for the awesome pictures!

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

So envious. Can't wait to get the newest FTC figure. I definitely count us retro cloth fans lucky, I mean, I don't think any company has made Wendy & Marvin figures before. I know others have stated it a thousand times before on various threads, but the absence of a Wonder Dog 3-pack is regrettable especially since these are small scale figures. Not a deal breaker for me, however.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Look pretty good. I ordered mine today. I usually wait on these figures, but really wanted these guys.

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

Look great! Not so keen on the teen female body, but that's not Wendy's fault. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

I think they look wonderful, and as an added bonus they don't speak. They do look a little off to me when posed with the twins, I will probably put them at opposite ends of the display.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

I was hoping they wouldn't use the teen bodies, as Hanna Barbera wasn't exactly consistent with anyone's relative height from scene to scene, but most pics of the Junior Superfriends show them definitely shorter than the heroes, and by about the margin we see in the figures, so the choice does make sense. Makes the price a bit harder to swallow, though, without Wonder Dog in there with them; would have definitely felt more worth the cost with that, even if Wonder was just a static PVC figure..

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    I think they look wonderful, and as an added bonus they don't speak.
                    HA! That is a bonus.

I still can't believe I'm excited for these, I wouldn't have been in my angry twenties.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Even though I famously loathe Marvin, these both look great! I will begrudingly buy him and Wendy (who I don't mind at all) at some point in the future.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

BEST... FTC... RELEASE.... EVER!

Seriously... I think they look solid, yet the fact FTC made it to this landmark release (first mass produced figures of these Super Friends characters) means a lot to me personally, regardless of if overall it's a averagely relative blip on the FTC/toy release radar.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 21, 2009

These are pretty nice. I thought the costumes could have been a bit better - thicker cloth, maybe a better collar on Wendy's shirt. But overall, they're pretty good.

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

I like them. No major complaints. I kind of wish Marvin was on a taller body, but he still looks good.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                              The Man of Many Voices
                              • Aug 30, 2005

DSCN4050.jpg Got my set last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡