X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Superboy aka "It's Hard To Complain When You See What You are Getting..."

My FTC order arrived yesterday! More on Robin and the Wonder Twins in a separate thread, but I finally bit the bullet and ordered a bagged Superboy, which I wanted and it helped me get free shipping. And after opening him... even before, because it looked like there was no care in bagging him... I want to complain about this figure, but when I knew almost exactly what I was getting because the FTC site's pictures were very truthful and spot on, it's hard to legitimately complain about it.

And generally speaking, it's really not awful. The belt placement on the costume is awful, but fix that and it's not a bad costume. But that just happens to be glaring bad.... just like the pictures showed on the website. Hard to complain after purchase.

The think that bugs me the most, even more so than the light black dot on his face that I can't get off, is that he is a bobble head. That is driving me crazy!

Is anyone else's Superboy a bobble head too?

The head sculpt is actually better than I expected. But sadly, here really isn't another body to put him on, unless the new male skinny body works, but he might still be a bobble head.

Superman Series 3 was a tough, tough series. Good idea, but the execution really had to be good to get sales beyond the hardcore collector, and that just wasn't the case.

Now onto the more pleasurable purchases of this order!
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Mine was a bobble head as well. I ended up putting the head and costume on a Doc Mego 8-inch body and that fixed it, as well as improved the fit of the costume.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
      Mine was a bobble head as well. I ended up putting the head and costume on a Doc Mego 8-inch body and that fixed it, as well as improved the fit of the costume.
      Does he still look like a Super"boy" though on a different, more muscular body?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

The head sculpt sells it as Superboy for me: late teens, Cockrum/Grell era Legion of Super-Heroes

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

I've yet to get this set, I guess based on what I'm reading I should get the Shazam Family or Teen Titans wave 1 beforehand.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

The head sculpt sells it as Superboy for me: late teens, Cockrum/Grell era Legion of Super-Heroes
            True. Maybe I will try it on a Type-S body.

Originally posted by jacoblb
            I've yet to get this set, I guess based on what I'm reading I should get the Shazam Family or Teen Titans wave 1 beforehand.
            This set definitely has issues. I may still end up with Ma and Pa Kent eventually, but there are other priorities for me first. Teen Titans and Shazam Family Series 1 are both very good.

A search of the forum should net you pictures of all three series, although not many of the Superman Series 3.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

My Superboy was a mess, with a loose right wrist and a loose right belt loop on the front. When that broke while adjusting the belt, I knew it was time to request a replacement.

I hate that I had to pay return shipping to get a replacement for an item that was defective (instead of a bagged figure, I could have gotten a packaged figure cheaper!), but the replacement is MUCH better and makes me actually like the figure now. Even with the low riding belt loops. Even the bobble head is less severe.

Now... with DC Comics finally releasing a Legions of Super-Heroes Omnibus, can we please get some Legionnaires?

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

Glad to hear that works. I'm wanting to fix the bobble heads on my Super Friends figures and I was wondering if placing them on Dr. Mego or Classic TV Toys Mego bodies did the trick. Thanks for the confirmation

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎