Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotton vs. Polyester outfits? Which is your favorite and why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

Cotton vs. Polyester outfits? Which is your favorite and why?

As a fellow customizer, I'm curious to know whether you prefer cotton or polyester outfits on your figures. Like many of you, I have a combination of both and it depends mostly on the character and what material is available for a specific outfit. I rely on a combination of true vintage outfits, reproduction outfits from classictvtoys and custom-sewn outfits.

In the past, certain polyester garments caused an annoying stain on the body parts of some Mego figures from my collection. Lately, I've been attempting to use more 100% cotton fabric, except in situations where it won't work for a particular character design. I sort of give it a light hand wash in cool water and let it dry by air. Knock on wood, but so far, none of my cotton garments have caused any stains on the plastic of the figure itself.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

For comics stuff, poly single-knit all the way--it's closest to Mego to me.

I've had both synthetic and natural fabric stain vinyl body parts. Prewashing can help, and probably low-humidity storage is an asset, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎