X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Wanted! More Photos like this vintage He-Man appearance

This wonderful photo of Nick meeting the heroes of Eternia in 1985 is EXACTLY the kind of thing I want for Mall of Justice. If you have photos and stories like this DIG THEM OUT and tell me about it. I want you in my book!

Mall of Justice is a love
    letter to the sensational personal appearances of our comic book, TV, movie and
    toy icons during the 1970s and 80s.

Whether it's Adam West at a
    car show, He-Man at a Toys R Us opening or an ersatz Chewbacca at a stereo
    store, Mall of Justice melds vintage photos with childhood recollection of these epic meetings.

While I will design and
    eventually publish the book (via PlaidStallions Press), it's a project we can all get involved with!

How you can get involved:
    I'm looking for your photos and your recollections! Even if you've submitted
    them to the site before, I would likely need higher resolution and I'd want to
    talk to you.

What am i looking for:

Appearances of costumed characters during the 1970s and 80s, be they from comicbooks (Batman, the Hulk) , cartoons (, toy lines (Masters of the Universe, GI
    Joe
    ) or movies (Planet of the Apes,Star Wars
    ) , a date and place and a description of how you felt meeting theseiconic characters. Did you think they were real?

Does it have to
    specifically be in a mall:

HECK NO! Car shows, county fairs, grocery stores, heck I'd
    even accept birthday party shots. It's all fair game.

Download the PDF Concept booklet for Mall of Justice Here.

Download a PDF Here.

Check out a Little Flip Book Here.

[IMG]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NFzY7YF1bTo/Vxl8BDZFI-I/AAAAAAAABeI/sr***14QAQYMRpwcb3e2qzBUjBO8YB_EACLcB/s1600/mall5.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you'll share your experiences with me!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty cool. Really nice Filmation Hordak suit. Even has the arm cannon.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

That's just amazing. Wish I had some to send. I might have an old b/w with stereo knob Darth Vader at an outdoor festival. I'll have to really dig.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

The only thing I've got is Miss Louise from NYC Romper Room when she had her good-bye party in Central Park. I don't think that would count. Maybe Chip and Dale and Disneyland?
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

I have some pictures with of little me and Darth Vader. One was at a dance of some sort and the other was during a Harlem Globetrotters game. I'll try to dig them up..

On a related note, does anyone remember a traveling Great White shark exhibit? Would have been mid to late 1970's, post Jaws movie. What I remember was a semi truck that would travel around and park at malls and such. You'd pay your money and get to go inside the semi trailer to see the Great White shark. What I remember seeing was a very dead Great White behind glass. I don't remember being disappointed in the least, I really was into sharks....
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

John Schneider IS He-Man!!!

Seriously, that is one great pic. Actually He-Man doesn't look bad, and Skeletor and Hordak look GREAT!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Very cool. This'll be a fun read.

I remember meeting He-man and Spidey too at GWG but sadly no pics. Does meeting Mister Dressup count? Not that was a good story.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Vermillion-Windmere
                • Oct 2, 2012

I have one! I emailed you but never heard back. Let me know if you still need any pictures. It is my girlfriend with Orko.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Vermillion-Windmere
                  I have one! I emailed you but never heard back. Let me know if you still need any pictures. It is my girlfriend with Orko.
                  Oh I replied to that, you didn't get it? Yeah I wanted to see it.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Vermillion-Windmere
                    • Oct 2, 2012

Dang, may have gone to spam, I will scan it and email it to you.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

That Hordak costume is killer!

Unfortunately I got nada. I don't recall ever attending an appearance where there were costumed characters. I vaguely remember meeting someone dressed as Donald Duck at a Christmas event in Niagara Falls when I was around five, but no photos exist (I remember being scared crapless and hiding behind my dad, so it wouldn't have been a great pic anyway)

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎