X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Heroes World sold the Star Trek movie aliens

This is rather interesting, it appears that Heroes World is the only place in the US that advertised as having all of wave 2 of the Mego Star Trek the Motion Picture figures (AKA the Aliens)
    JC Penney famously sold three characters from wave 2 but the second wave was only widely available in Canada, the UK and Italy.
    No such luck for Black Hole wave 2 however, B.O.B, S.T.A.R and Humanoid ain't mentioned.....
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Ugh! If only I'd taken them up on it. Although, I think $3.99 was fairly steep for the time. Add to that the inconvenience and mistrust of mail order for your parents, plus postage.

Does anyone here recall placing orders with Heroes World or the like?

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Heroes World was TRULY the North Pole for all my dream toys.

Comment

• number 6
        Village Idiot
        • Jul 10, 2003

I could swear there was a Heroes World ad that pictured the humanoid from Black Hole.

There's a few comics from my childhood that are from that era that I haven't realities yet - issues of Captain America, Iron Man and Marvel Tales. I'll have to track those down as now it's really going goin bug me.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by number 6
          I could swear there was a Heroes World ad that pictured the humanoid from Black Hole.

There's a few comics from my childhood that are from that era that I haven't realities yet - issues of Captain America, Iron Man and Marvel Tales. I'll have to track those down as now it's really going goin bug me.
          I definitely remember the above ad (I recall really wanting a 12" Klingon), and I want to say that I remember a Black Hole one with second series figures too, but it might be a false memory. Now it's kind of bugging me too!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Yep, I definitely remember that add from the comics, as well.

Comment

• number 6
              Village Idiot
              • Jul 10, 2003

This post got me hunting through the Marvel comics I have from the era trying to find the Black Hole one I remember.

Didn't find it, but in issue #2 of Marvel's Star Trek there's a Heroes World ad that is completely TMP-centric. Not only does it have all the aliens but it also has the 3 Mego model ships as well. (If interested, I can scan and e-mail it, though thanks to Photobucket I can't post it.)

The Black Hole ad I'm thinking of I think was for the 12" figures but they had the Humanoid pictured as well. I remember the description mentioning cloth uniforms but the 3 3/4" Humanoid had that too. So whether they actually had it or were just confused I'm not sure.

I'm really going to have to find that now.
              Last edited by number 6; Aug 19, '17, 4:29 PM.

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

So... there was more than one Heroes World? So many of my plastic friends from boyhood came from a shop by that name, and they even, back in '78, made me a custom Star Wars sheet cake, complete with characters drawn in icing and the phrase, which cracks me up to this day, "May the Force be with you, Dave."
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎