• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
    Ok here is the deal.

False Face is definitely not coming. You have to make your own. (they made the masks so you can)

Clock King definitely not coming

Definitely another wave coming which has Newmar Catwoman, Eartha Kitt and Aflred Batman on the skinny body (the guy couldn't remember the 4th character so highly likely it's a variant)

This likely the last wave of anything new characters. Still a good run and an amazing collection.
    If this is the case I'm 50/50 satisfied, Newmar for sure and Kitt is fine too, but skinny Alfred and another variant?
    I would have rather settled for a Joker goon and Catwoman goon, Commish Gordon should have been added, too bad

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

I'll have to witness what someone else does with the FTC clear mask before I'd paint on it. I imagine the results would be spectacular, but I'd settle for a clear, as-is type because it seems to mimic the effect. Wait and see, I guess.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^ I don't plan to paint my mask. I'm going to tint it pinkish-tan with dilute dye. That's how it appeared on the show: semi-transparent.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          ^ I don't plan to paint my mask. I'm going to tint it pinkish-tan with dilute dye. That's how it appeared on the show: semi-transparent.
          not sure about that...In some parts yes but others No.There was a solid mask over his face mostly....I am going full painted like the pics at the bottom of the page. (which is what the diplomat face was)

see- http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3745

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Looks more translucent to me, see the one Robin is holding
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I've watched this episode innumerable times, frame-by-frame in some sections. The mask is pink-toned translucent, vacuum-formed rigid plastic. Airbrushed details, typically eyebrows and lips. It's held in place with double-sided tape, probably flesh-tone toupee tape.

Not all the masks are the same scene-to scene. You can see the translucent quality sometimes in Throne's facial movements--lighting is a factor, too. Some masks have reddish cheek tinting.

In at least two scenes--extreme close-ups-- the interior of the mask has had flesh-tone "highlights" added at certain features to provide opacity and contrast.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '17, 9:17 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

I've watched this episode innumerable times, frame-by-frame in some sections. The mask is pink-toned translucent, vacuum-formed rigid plastic. Airbrushed details, typically eyebrows and lips. It's held in place with double-sided tape, probably flesh-tone toupee tape.

Not all the masks are the same scene-to scene. You can see the translucent quality sometimes in Throne's facial movements--lighting is a factor. Some masks have reddish cheek tinting.

In at least two scenes--extreme close-ups--
                It looks like a mask painted to me. You can't see the actor's face except his eyes.

Could be the lighting,but you see a solid face in the pics.I like the creepiness of the mask that looks painted and only his eyes are peeking out
                Last edited by Teemu; Feb 4, '17, 9:22 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Looks more translucent to me, see the one Robin is holding

Notice Robin holds a clear mask that goes over his painted mask The actor's face is clearly covered up (can only see his eyes and just like the bearded chin piece is another separate piece

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Ummm, ...No mask goes over another except for the goatee piece. It's called editing and prop manipulation.

Make it however you wish, it's your custom.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '17, 9:20 PM.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Ummm, ...No mask goes over another except for the goatee piece. It's called editing and prop manipulation.

Make it however you wish, it's your custom.
                      Did you look at the last two pics on that link? that's a fully painted mask. Nothing translucent. Seems to me this guy was a man of many of the (same) faces hence the name false face.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

*sigh* To repeat myself: I've reviewed every remastered FF scene frame-by-frame. In no scene is he wearing a fully-painted opaque mask IMO.

Really, do as you like.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

*sigh* To repeat myself: I've reviewed every remastered FF scene frame-by-frame. In no scene is he wearing a fully-painted opaque mask IMO.

Really, do as you like.
                          I am

but he isn't wearing just a clear mask, where you can see the actor's face either To throw on just a clear mask and call it a day just isn't false face when you look at the screen shots and actual film

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Did I not say translucent (not clear!) and semi-painted numerous times? Did I not mention a tinted version? Jeez.

You are argumentative in the face of fact and reason. I should not have to define clear vs. translucent vs. opaque to you.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Did I not say translucent (not clear!) and semi-painted numerous times? Did I not mention a tinted version? Jeez.

You are argumentative in the face of fact and reason. I should not have to define clear vs. translucent vs. opaque to you.
                              so then it's needs to be painted putting a clear mask over some random mego head just doesn't look right to the character

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

There are other options beside painting. Painting is the option you choose based on your perception. That's fine.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎