• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    I asked. How else?!
    and I asked how you found out. I went further and asked about Clock King and the next (and probably final) wave

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I'm probably in for at least the Julie Newmar Catwoman.

And the False Face masks already had molds as part of the Space 1999 series (Grey Mask). They just recast it in clear, added a paint app, and trimmed the top. So no additional mold needed.

There are several figures I'm currently considering getting. I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger on any of them. Maybe once the tax return comes in I'll do it.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Thanks Jeff for making the call and sorting things out for us here on the board.
        It's a relief to know what's to be expected.
        I'm all in for the next BM'66 wave, but saddened it's over, and even more so since there's more potential with the line. I feel like so many others have expressed about not having a BM'66 Gordon.
        Take a bow, FTC, you made this Adam West Batman fan proud of your products!
        It just occurred to me that us fans received more BM'66 product in retro cloth than the Mattel stuff so either it shows our age or that one type of 6" figure isn't necessarily better than another.
        I think we've all known the writing was on the wall for a while regarding more and more '66 figure waves but luckily FTC is also the place to go for most of our customizing needs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          I'm probably in for at least the Julie Newmar Catwoman.

And the False Face masks already had molds as part of the Space 1999 series (Grey Mask). They just recast it in clear, added a paint app, and trimmed the top. So no additional mold needed.

There are several figures I'm currently considering getting. I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger on any of them. Maybe once the tax return comes in I'll do it.

JeffBearCO
          sorry, that is not the grey mask, it had very little detail to it.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jacoblb
            Thanks Jeff for making the call and sorting things out for us here on the board.
            It's a relief to know what's to be expected.
            I'm all in for the next BM'66 wave, but saddened it's over, and even more so since there's more potential with the line. I feel like so many others have expressed about not having a BM'66 Gordon.
            Take a bow, FTC, you made this Adam West Batman fan proud of your products!
            It just occurred to me that us fans received more BM'66 product in retro cloth than the Mattel stuff so either it shows our age or that one type of 6" figure isn't necessarily better than another.
            I think we've all known the writing was on the wall for a while regarding more and more '66 figure waves but luckily FTC is also the place to go for most of our customizing needs.
            I called

Comment

• jacoblb
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2009

Looking back, I saw two folks with Bear in the name and I got the wrong person.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

[QUOTE=Teemu;1318290]I called [/QUOTE

Smart arse
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  sorry, that is not the grey mask, it had very little detail to it.
                  Yes, not the same mask, molds. material, or country of production.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

From an actual False Face image on an earlier page of this thread, looks like a Manhatter hat would work well with the thick eyebrowed AJ head.
                    Since we aren't getting any '66 goons and henchmen, a lot of us will need to repurpose the heads from other themes like Pirates, Robin Hood, and other vintage types. Or use the Three Stooges.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jacoblb
                      From an actual False Face image on an earlier page of this thread, looks like a Manhatter hat would work well with the thick eyebrowed AJ head.
                      Since we aren't getting any '66 goons and henchmen, a lot of us will need to repurpose the heads from other themes like Pirates, Robin Hood, and other vintage types. Or use the Three Stooges.
                      Not the Madhatter hat...use the 66 Penguin top hat and repaint it gray.....plus the Madhatter hat has a smaller hole for his head

I am gonna be working on my Diplomatic False Face. It's gonna be tough.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

lol Yes, the Penguin top hat is so large it's oversized on Penguin. The Hatter topper fits Pengy, too and has additional detail.

Tweaking the Hatter topper, and dying his suit blue and adding a sash, should yield a nice Diplomat False-Face. I can see why you might want the rubber topper in relation to the mask, but the mask might also be trimmed. Plus, painting a silicone hat like Penguin's is probably not easy or durable.

If one refers to my costume inventory FF thread, it's possible to make nearly every FF costume using vintage Mego and FTC items. Good fedoras are a snag.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '17, 8:34 AM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

June 2016

Yep.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yes exactly, it was yours I was thinking of and I should have mentioned you.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              lol Yes, the Penguin top hat is so large it's oversized on Penguin. The Hatter topper fits Pengy, too and has additional detail.

Tweaking the Hatter topper, and dying his suit blue and adding a sash, should yield a nice Diplomat False-Face. I can see why you might want the rubber topper in relation to the mask, but the mask might also be trimmed. Plus, painting a silicone hat like Penguin's is probably not easy or durable.

If one refers to my costume inventory FF thread, it's possible to make nearly every FF costume using vintage Mego and FTC items. Good fedoras are a snag.
                              Is dyeing stuff easy? I am guessing a navy blue color. I am thinking of going the mad hatter route,but the mask needs to be painted in flesh as FF doesn't wear a see through mask plus it's a matter of the hat and mask fitting correctly which is why I think the penguin top hat might work best. We'll see...working on it

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, dyeing is easy--particularly since the MH suit is cotton. Remove the pom-pom boutonniere before dyeing and re-glue it later.

As the suit is gray, you'll only need to use a little dark blue dye to tint it. Follow the directions on the dye bottle closely ( I like liquid dye); I use the stovetop method. Adding a little salt in the water-bath will help fix the dye better.

Also--hand-wash (rinse) the clothing in tepid water first:This is necessary to remove finishing agents and help the dye work.

After dyeing, blot the clothes and let them air-dry, this will discourage shrinking.
                                Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 4, '17, 6:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎