Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

So very cool. Using the mask over an AJ head might work well. Could also be trimmed and used for a Mego Phantom.

Originally posted by Teemu
    False Face mask pics are up at CTVT...definitely false face

the mask though is clear with eye brows...I might buy extra's to repaint the mask to look like this below. Wait and see what FTC does with him first

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20200[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20201[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 18, '17, 4:31 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• captact
      King of Super Queens!
      • Aug 19, 2007

Is there any FTC representatives here????,..that could let us know for sure if a False Face figure will be offered officially? I'd hate spending money right now on a head, body, mask, outfit, hat, shoes etc...on a figure,..which would sooner or later be offered on a carded Batman 66 package....money that could be spent on an official figure instead. Thanks for any reply.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

No official representation that I know of. My gut feeling is, make one if you want one, it's very unusual for FTC to part out a figure before solicitation.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          No official representation that I know of. My gut feeling is, make one if you want one, it's very unusual for FTC to part out a figure before solicitation.
          No, but they have had bits available before full figures, like the Harry Potter school uniforms.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I can't see them investing in a new mold just for a CTVT item these days, especially one so definitely connected to a specific character (no doubt it's intended for a False Face). Now, it is possible they had the figure in the pipeline and something went wrong (decision to cancel the line due to sales, maybe), but my bet is still that a new wave is coming. They have to know there's a built in demand for Catwoman, at least, a figure they can re-use parts from for three different versions, at least (if they get the rights for Lee Meriwether, it's a sure bet they'd make a Miss Kitka, as well). My money is still on it coming; releasing the mask early might just have been a way to create some speculation and buzz.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

For those of you taking the "wait and see" approach on these masks, I've confirmed with FTC that there will NOT be a False Face figure coming.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                For those of you taking the "wait and see" approach on these masks, I've confirmed with FTC that there will NOT be a False Face figure coming.
                Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

you called them and asked?

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Why not? the direct approach is sometimes the best way, probably should do the same with 66 Catwoman
                  I'd rather have seen her first then Wendy and Marvin, it's like there making us sweat it out, hopefully because
                  they want to do her right. I'm fine with just a Newmar release if that's the case in the next wave, unless for
                  some reason there's a licensing issue? or she's released as an exclusive like Gorshin Riddler?

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                    Why not? the direct approach is sometimes the best way, probably should do the same with 66 Catwoman
                    I'd rather have seen her first then Wendy and Marvin, it's like there making us sweat it out, hopefully because
                    they want to do her right. I'm fine with just a Newmar release if that's the case in the next wave, unless for
                    some reason there's a licensing issue? or she's released as an exclusive like Gorshin Riddler?
                    She is gonna haft to be because Newmar and Kitt are the last two left that are part of 66 Batman Warner Bros license.The others like Clock King etc not part of that deal and forget about getting commissioner Gordon

Maybe the line is done and there are no more waves coming. I am not gonna be happy if FTC does another wave and it's all variants (again) while Newmar still hasn't been released.

I guess I am forced to make my own false face now.....thanks FTC

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

She is gonna haft to be because Newmar and Kitt are the last two left that are part of 66 Batman Warner Bros license.The others like Clock King etc not part of that deal and forget about getting commissioner Gordon

Maybe the line is done and there are no more waves coming. I am not gonna be happy if FTC does another wave and it's all variants (again) while Newmar still hasn't been released.

I guess I am forced to make my own false face now.....thanks FTC
                      Clock King is available, his likeness was used in the '66 comic, along with False Face and Siren. The ones for sure that are off limits are Chandell (in the comic but with blonde hair), Gordon, Sandman(in the comic but with a goatee), Minstrel, Zelda, Olga, Archer, Louie the Lilac
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

So either one was planned and it fell through or the mask is a way around whatever problem they ran into? My bet is still on the first possibility, as creating a new mold just for the mask is expensive. Then again, they made AJ parts to get around not being able to make an actual AJ figure, so the latter explanation isn't impossible, either.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Ok here is the deal.

False Face is definitely not coming. You have to make your own. (they made the masks so you can)

Clock King definitely not coming

Definitely another wave coming which has Newmar Catwoman, Eartha Kitt and Aflred Batman on the skinny body (the guy couldn't remember the 4th character so highly likely it's a variant)

This likely the last wave of anything new characters. Still a good run and an amazing collection.
                          Last edited by Teemu; Feb 3, '17, 9:33 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Ok here is the deal.

False Face is definitely not coming. You have to make your own. (they made the masks so you can.
                            Thought that's what I already said. 😉
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Thought that's what I already said. ��
                              but you didn't say how you found out

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School